twenty four

Brooke's POV

I slam my locker closed and turn around to see my two best friends sitting on the staircase. I stride over to them, but when I hear Stiles talking, I wish I hadn't.

"We'll get through this. I know, because I love you" Stiles tells Scott, and Scott smiles.

"Didn't I tell you guys this makes me uncomfortable?" I shudder, sitting next to Scott.

Stiles rolls his eyes, "It's not what you think, I'm being the carrier pigeon for Scott and Allison since they can't be seen near each other. Gerard's got cameras all over this school"

"It's because he's the only one we can trust" Scott explains.

I scoff, "What about me?"

"You too, but if we asked you would have just said no" Scott shrugs, then turns back to Stiles.

"Is she coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes. Okay, message complete" Stiles tenses his jaw and seems unenthused.

"Tell me about your boss" Stiles orders Scott, making me look at them in confusion. Scott sees this and looks to me.

"Deaton is some supernatural overseer, he knows everything about us and more." Scott explains to me, and I shake my head at them not telling me, once again.

"Anyways, he thinks that Allisons family keeps some kind of record of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book"

"The bestiary. I've heard my mom mention it before" I tell them, and Scott furrows his brows.

His confusion turns into chuckles, "I think you mean beastiality"

"Nope. Pretty sure she doesn't." Stiles raises his eyebrows, concerned for his friend.

"It's like an encyclopedia for mythical creatures." I explain to Scott, and his cheeks flush red

"Why am I the only one that doesn't know about this stuff?" Scott is embarrassed.

Stiles tries to reassure him, "You're my best friend, a creature of the night, it's kinda like a priority of mine. And Brooke, she's been doing this a lot longer than we have."

"Okay," Scott seems content,"If we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is--"

"And who" Stiles cuts him off

"We need that book" I finish for them.

Then, the boys simultaneously grab their bags and start to speed off down the hall. I furrow my brows at their rush and jog after them.

~~

The boys were just speed walking to class, and I regret following them due to the fact it was Mr.Harris's class. I planned on skipping, but I didn't.

After the period ended, Stiles ran off to inform Allison of our new discoveries while Scott and I went the other direction. We walked in a comfortable silence until Scott looked to me with sympathetic eyes.

"Stiles told me about what happened." Scott brings up the touchy subject, making me stiffen.

"Yeah, what about it?" I ask

"It's just-- I never knew your mom, but I think she would be really proud of you." Scott explains, and I turn to him with a smile on my face.

He continues,"What Derek is doing isn't right, and you were brave enough to stand up to him."

"Thanks, Scott" I smile, feeling a little better about my attempt to stop Derek.

Before our sentimental moment can continue, Stiles comes sprinting down the hallway. He is panting and leaning on my shoulder for support.