fourteen

Brooke's POV

"Y-you're what?" Scott exclaims, staring down at me. I do not answer him, as my head is buried in between my knees and sobs are escaping from my lips.

"Brooke, get up. We have to go now" Stiles tells me, bending down to my level. I look up and meet his eyes, and his face softens.

"Look, I know what it feels like to loose someone you love. But if you want to live, you have to come with us now" Stiles explains. I slowly nod, taking his hand that he offered me and following them at a jog down the hallway.

We run to about the middle, taking a left into a classroom. The boys move the teachers desk in front of the door while I stand back, crossing my arms.

"Stop, stop. The doors not gonna keep it out. Also, it's your boss. Deaton, the alpha, it's your boss. Yes, murdering psycho werewolf." Stiles whispers as they stop pushing the desk.

"That can't be!" Scott defends his boss.

"Aw come on. He disappears and ten seconds later that thing shows up and hurdles Derek twenty feet through the air?" Stiles spits out, but quickly turns to me in realization of what he said. I tense my jaw, looking to the ground.

"Sorry, I'll be better with my word choice next time"

"It's not him!" Scott keeps trying

"Yep. And he killed Derek" Stiles doesn't hold it back.

"He can't be dead." Scott is in denial.

"Blood squirted out of his mouth. That doesn't classify as a minor injury, okay? He, is dead and we're next." Stiles slams his hand on the desk.

"Enough!" I shout, causing them to look at me

"Enough talking about Derek. I don't have time to grieve right now, and you talking about it isn't helping. Let's just find a way to get out of here alive, sound good?" I plead, and they nod their heads.

"Okay, what do we do?" Scott asks.

"We get to my jeep, we get out of here, and you need to seriously think about quitting your job" Stiles nods. Scott agrees.

The three of us move to the Windows, Scott trying to open them.

"They don't open" Stiles announces

"We can break them" Scott pants

"That will make too much noise." I shrug my shoulders.

We all stand in defeat, searching for a way out. I look to the side of the school in search for Derek's body, but it's just out of my sight. But then, something on Stiles's jeep catches my eye.

"Stiles, what's wrong with your jeep?" I ask

"What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with it" He gasps

"No, she's right. It's bent" Scott breathes heavily

Stiles jumps in front of me, "Wh- it's dented?"

"No, it's bent." I exclaim.

The window shattering next to me causes me to shriek, and Scott pulls me to the ground, close to his chest. I guess he didn't catch onto the fact that I'm a Hale, a born werewolf, and have fast reflexes just like him.

We all stare at the battery in shock, and Stiles begins moving toward it. I grab his arm and pull him back against the wall.