fifteen

Brooke's POV

Stiles' father welcomed me with opened arms, although he was confused on why I needed a place to stay. Our excuse was I had been through a lot of trouble and my brother is out of town. What we couldn't tell him was that my brother is actually dead, and I'm now an orphan. Sheriff said I could stay with them as long as I'd like.

Scott and Stiles have gone out to drink, even though werewolves can't get drunk. I decided to let them figure that out for themselves. I haven't had the courage to leave the house yet, other than to gather some of my belongings. So, I sit on the guest bed in the Stilinski household, watching SpongeBob. A knock on the door pulls me out of my trance as I turn my head.

"Hey Brooke. I'm headed to work. You okay here by yourself?" Sheriff asks me, peeking his head through the door frame.

"Yeah, I'll be fine" I smile

"Good. Don't drink too much of my whiskey" He sends me a wink before strutting down the hallway

"No promises!" I shout after him. I hear a chuckle before the front door opens and closes.

I am left switching back and forth between Disney Channel and Nickelodeon all night, until a very drunk Stiles enters the house at 12:30.

"Heyyyy Brooke" He slurs, flopping down on the bed.

"Hey buddy. How was your night?" I ask, placing the remote on the nightstand.

"Great. It was great. I think I'm gonna go to bed now. Goodnight" Stiles mumbles, curling up into a ball.

"Goodnight. Aren't you gonna go to your--" I start, but once I hear him snoring, I decide asking him to go to his room is pointless. Instead of getting up and moving to Stiles' bed, I move under the covers, turn my back to Stiles, and fall asleep.

~~

I wake up to an "oh god" from next to me, finding Stiles rubbing his head. When I look at my alarm, there's one minute until I have to wake up. When the clock strikes 6:00, the morning news blares out of the speakers.

"Good morning beacon hills! Today is the day Beacon Hills High opens back up after being closed Thursday and Friday, as police are still searching for alleged murderer Derek Hale"

Before they continue, Stiles jumps across me and slams his fist on the snooze button. I turn to look at him, and he gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Are you sure you wanna go to school today?" He asks me.

"Yeah. It's about time I start adapting to the real world. I can't hide out in here forever" I shrug, hopping off the bed.

He sighs,"You know, it's not a crime to grieve."

"I'm tired of grieving. That's all I've been doing for the past six years." I explain.

"Well--"

"Before you go on about how I've lost all my whole family and I'm allowed to be upset, I would go get dressed. I am a werewolf, and I'm not afraid to use these babies" I force my claws out, smirking at the buzz cut boy.

His eyes widen, "You really are a Hale"

I laugh as he jumps off the bed and speed walks to his room. Quickly, I pull on a hoodie and a pair of jeans, tying my shoes on my feet. My hair finds itself in a ponytail just as Stiles calls my name.