twelve

Brooke's POV

Last night, Jackson had a run in with the alpha at the movie store. Derek got Scott to trust him, and together they are trying to find the alpha. Im still hiding my secret from Scott and Stiles, but I plan on telling them soon.

"Has anyone seen Scott McCall?" Mr.Harris asks, looking down to Stiles who is highlighting every word in his book. At that moment, Jackson struts through the door, plopping into his chair.

"Hey Jackson. If you need to leave for any reason, you let me know." Mr.Harris pats Jackson back, Jackson giving him a nod.

Mr.Harris then tells everyone to read chapter nine, and reminding stiles that his chemistry book isn't a coloring book. I chuckle, opening my book and flipping to chapter nine.

"Hey Danny. Can I ask you a question?" Stiles leans forward, whispering into Danny's ear.

"No" Danny responds

  "Well I'm going to anyway. Um, did Lydia show up in your home room today?" Stiles questions. Lydia was also at the movie store last night, she was just sitting in the car.

Danny breathes hard, "No."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Answer is still no!" Danny rolls his eyes

"Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?" Stiles ignores Danny's pleads for him to stop talking.

"He wouldn't... Tell me." Danny continues writing

"But he's your best friend. One more question," Stiles tries

"What!"

"Do you find me attractive?" Stiles mutters, making me scoff. He looks at me, giving me a glare, then turns back to Danny. Stiles leans a bit too much forward, falling off of his chair. This gains the whole classrooms attention, and stiles awkwardly clears his throat and goes back to highlighting.

"You're an idiot" I whisper to him.

"Shut up"

~~

"Derek? Do you know where I put my pencil?" I walk down the stairs, finding my brother doing pull-ups with his shirt off.

"Nope" He grunts, dropping to the ground to do push ups. I roll my eyes, watching him to ten, the stop mid push up.

"What's wrong?" I ask, holding my breath.

"Go out the back door, and run. Don't look back" Derek whispers as the door is kicked in.

In a flash, I am out the back door, but for some reason decide not to run away. I close the door slowly and listen to the voices inside. The women known as Kate Argent stands inside my house with two armed men.

"No ones home" One of them says

"Oh he's home. He's just not feeling particularly hospitable" Kate grins. No wonder, you burnt our house to the ground, along with our family. Oh how I wish I could rip her throat out

"Maybe he's out burying a bone in the backyard." The other man jokes, and I give a low growl.

"Really? A dog joke? We're going there and that's the best you've got? If you wanna provoke him, say something like, too bad your sister bit it, before she had her first litter" Kate challenges. This makes me grit my teeth, and I can feel the hair growing from the sides of my face.