sixteen

Brooke's POV

"Come on, Scott, drive!" I shout, hitting the back of the drivers seat. Scott slams on the gas pedal, knuckles turning white from grabbing the wheel so hard.

I glance behind me and see that Kate Argents car is hot on our tail. What are we doing exactly? Well, long story short, Derek is getting chased by cops while we get chased by the hunters. He was spotted by cops while he was chasing down the alpha. So, we are getting the Argents off his tail.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase here" Stiles mutters nervously.

"If I go any faster, I'll kill us" Scott panics

"If you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles points behind us with his thumb.

Scott shakes his head, flooring the gas pedal. I smile wide at the rush of going fast. When I look over my shoulder, I notice Kate is no longer chasing us.

"They're gone" I announce. Stiles grabs a walkie talkie from his pocket and turns it on.

His dad's voice sounds through it, "All units, suspect is on foot, heading into the iron works"

Both of the boys eyes grow wide when they realize that the iron works are just up ahead. Scott picks up the pace again and skids a right turn. As we come to the railroad tracks, Derek sits behind some sort of machine. He's crouched down and hiding from Argent.

"Get in!" Stiles yells, opening the door then crawling into the back. He manages to kick me in the face in the process.

"Ow! Watch it, spaz" I slap his shoulder. Get quickly grabs it in pain. Since there's not much room in the back for me person, much less two, he's basically sitting on my lap.

He mutters a "Sorry" as Derek climbs in the car, dodging multiple bullets, and slamming the door. Scott speeds away quickly, already jumping on Derek's case

"What part of laying low don't you get?" He slams on the steering wheel

"I had him!" Derek responds by slamming his fist on the dashboard.

Stiles peeks his head in between the other two, "Who, the Alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me when the freaking police showed up" Derek pouts.

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs." Stiles defends his fathers team. Derek sends him one of his famous glares. I decide to save Stiles's life by pulling him back into the seat next to me.

"Yeah,thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" Derek stares at Scott.

Scott groans, "We seriously can't get past that? I made a dumb mistake, I get it"

"Alright!" I make Scott shut up, then turn to Derek, "How did you find him?"

Derek doesn't answer, but just looks out the window. I roll my eyes, knowing he doesn't want to tell Scott and Stiles.

"Can you try to trust us for just one minute?" Scott pleads.

"Yeah," Stiles sticks his face up there again, "Both of us"

Derek tenses his jaw, staring at him again.

Stiles nods, "Or just him and Brooke. I'll be back here"

Stiles leans back, crossing his arms and pouting. I give him a sympathetic smile.

"The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things, the first was a guy named Harris." Derek explains, but is interrupted by Stiles leaning forward again.