thirteen

Brooke's POV

"He drew a spiral?" I widen my eyes, listening to Scott share the story of his encounter with the alpha last night. Apparently, the alpha traced a spiral on Scotts car window with his claw.

"Yes, why is it such a big deal that he drew a spiral? You and Derek both had the same reaction" Scott asks, narrowing his eyes

I hesitate "It's uh-- just a family thing. Yeah, coincidence, that's all"

"Okay. Let's go to class. Remember, if you see Allison, Jackson, or Lydia, Cover me so I can run away" Scott pleads, dragging me down the hall.

We managed avoiding the three, even though we saw them every corner we turned. Derek told Scott he has to stay away from them if he wants to learn control, but Scott already broke that rule. He was with Allison last night.

When we walk into class, Our cute friend with a buzz cut sits in the back, looking not pleased to see Scott. Ever since Stiles dad got hurt last night, they haven't said a word to each other. Stiles blames Scott for not being there to protect everyone I guess. Scott and I walk over to him, Scott sitting behind Stiles and me beside him.

"Still not gonna talk to me?" Scott asks, no reply.

"Hey Brooke, how ya doin?" Stiles smiles at me, obviously trying to get under Scotts skin. I give him a thumbs up, pulling a pencil out of my bag.

Scott sighs, "Okay, if you aren't talking to me, at least tell me if your dads okay. I mean, it's just a bruise, right? Soft tissue damage?"

Again, Stiles just stares forward and says nothing.

"Okay, you know I feel bad about it right? Like, really bad. Okay, what if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and that I went to Derek for help" Scott tries, and this earns Stiles attention.

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you" Stiles hit his pencil on the desk, and I tense my jaw so I don't defend Derek.

There is a long silence, and the bell rings. Scott gives up on talking to Stiles and retrieves his things from his bag.

"What did he say?" Stiles gives in, turning to face Scott. A smirk grows in my face, knowing Stiles can't not know something

The rest of the class period is explaining everything that happened last night. Considering Stiles asks a lot of questions, it took the whole class. The final bell rings and the three of us leave together

"He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asks in shock

"Yeah" Scott adjusts the backpack on his shoulder.

"Okay, well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that you try to kill someone. And that someone is usually me or Brooke." Stiles reminds him

"I'm sure Derek knows what he's doing. I mean, he's been doing this a lot longer than us" I try, earning a glare from Stiles

"I have to be able to control it." Scott mutters

"Well how's he gonna teach you to do that?" Stiles asks