twenty

Brooke's POV

"Please tell me that was the last one" I huff, dropping a huge packing box onto the ground of my new home.

"It was the last" Derek sits on old couch that was here when we arrived.

We are in an old, abandoned, railroad depot. Inside is one huge subway train car. It looks more like a lair, but for now, it's my home.

"So,What's next? Where are we putting my room?" I glance around the space, imaging potential spaces we could fit my room in this huge building. There are no walls, so I either have no privacy, or were gonna have to build some ourselves.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Derek furrows his brows, wondering why I'm not out with my friends.

"No, Scott is too busy figuring out ways he can hang out with Allison without her parents finding out." I shrug my shoulders. After Argent found out what Scott really is, he forbid his daughter to be anywhere near Scott.

"And what about the other idiot?" Derek is obviously trying to get me to leave so he can do whatever he does in his alone time.

"Stiles is at the hospital with Lydia, still, after a whole weekend" I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

Derek raises his eyebrows and gives me a smirk.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I drop my arms to my side.

"Are you jealous?" Derek asks.

"What? No.." I scoff, avoiding eye contact.

"You're lying." Derek smiles, standing up from his seat.

"No, I'm not! Why would I be jealous of Lydia?" I tense my jaw, trying to look cool.

"Maybe, you like Stiles" Derek tries, hitting the nail on the head.

I stutter, but no words come out. Derek chuckles and pokes my stomach. I slap his hand and take a step backwards, embarrassed.

"I don't like Stiles" I cross my arms defensively.

"Your heartbeat just told me otherwise" Derek smiles, beginning to walk away and into the subway cart.

I huff in frustration, "I don't like Stiles!"

He ignores me, inspecting the cart thoroughly, as if he is decorating it in his head. I plop down on the couch where he once was. The uncomfortable cushions smell like rotten eggs, and it makes me wonder who owned it before us.

"Ive got to go out and get a few things. Why don't you go find your friends, or should I say, friend with benefits?" Derek steps out of the cart and makes his was to the front entrance.

I groan, "I don't like Stiles!"

Derek ignores me again, closing the sliding door of the Lair.

"I don't like Stiles..." I think aloud, "Do I?"

~~

I hop into my car, planning to drive to the hospital so I can pick up my love sick friend. As I reach for my phone to call Stiles, I realize it's not in the passenger seat, where I usually leave it.

Groaning, I realize I left it back at the old house.

I drive the short drive back to the burned house, parking my car in the front and making my way inside. The house looks empty with no furniture, almost as if no one has ever lived here. I look around and study all the corners of this huge home. It bring up a lot of memories, good and bad.

I try to shake away all the memories and retrieve my phone from the staircase. Weird, I must have set it down to help Derek carry a box.

As I step back outside, I catch a scent I didn't expect to. I glance towards the tree line to see Scott,Allison,and Stiles all glancing towards me.