Chapter 24

"Kaleigh, you look amazing." said a very stunned Haven as she admired my dress.

It was the Thursday before the dance and Haven & I were at a boutique shopping for dresses.

I had tried on numerous dresses, but this one particularly stood out to me.

It was a strapless pink dress that hugged my waist tightly and swayed out at the bottom.

I really did look amazing.

Although, through all of the happiness, the thought struck me.

Today was the day.

Today was the day that I would tell my parents about the baby.

I was nervous for two reasons.

1-That they would disown me.

2-That they would be disappointed in me.

I knew I had to do it no matter what.

I was going to be brave.

"Hello, earth to Kaleigh!" Haven was saying, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked her feeling bad that I had ignored her.

"I was saying, that now that we've found you a dress, we can leave." she said as she studied me carefully.

"I'm sorry Haven. Its just that I nervous.... about you-know-what." I said looking down, ashamed.

She nodded her head in understanding.

"Well, I have the perfect idea to cheer you up!" she exclaimed as she led me out of the store and down the block.

I groaned.

"What is it?" I asked slowly and nervously.

"More shopping!" she exclaimed as we went into one of the other stores on the block.

We walked inside an expensive boutique and made our way to the back of the store, checking out many of the different clothes on in the inside.

From our spot, I heard whispers coming from around us.

I turned and saw nothing but Avery and her followers.

She faced me, with a smirk on her face.

"Hey Haven!" screeched Kaci as she waved frantically in our direction.

Haven suddenly looked uneasy.

"Um, let's get out of here Kay. It feels stuffy." she said as she pulled my arm, trying her best to get me out of the store.

"Since when did you and Kaci get so friendly?" I asked her as I was pulled down the sidewalk.

"We aren't." she said blankly as if it were the end of the conversion.

I left it alone. I'm sure whatever it was, she would tell me when she was ready.

"Let's get something to eat. I'm sure junior here is starving." she teased as she rubbed my stomach.

I swatted her hand away.

"Very funny." I told her as we made our way into McDonalds.

***

After eating, Haven dropped me off at home.
This was it.

This was the moment that I would tell my parents the news.

Kaleigh & The Bad Boyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें