Chapter 18

As I made my way down the crowded halls, only one thought went through my mind.
'Why me?'

I didn't know what to do or what to say to him.

I actually thought we had something. Something special. Something that would possibly make me smile everyday.

He lied to me.
He cheated on me.

I can't believe that I was so vulnerable. I can't believe that I actually thought that I could change Austin.

I thought he really liked me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by me bumping into a hard figure.

I hadn't even realized I was still limping down the hall.

I didn't even bother to look up at whoever it was.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled as I attempted to make my way around the person.

"Kaleigh?" said the voice and I knew it was Mason.

"Are you okay?" he continued with concern in his voice.

"Y-y-yeah. I'm fine." I lie, attempting yet again to walk around him.

"Kaleigh.You're crying." he said looking down at me.

I'm crying? I wiped my face with the palm of my hand. I was crying.

"Mason, look don't worry about me.I'm not your concern." I said coldly as I walked away.

I knew I was being harsh, but I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. Anyone except Haven, of course.

I made my way into first period just as the bell rang, and Mrs.Mayfield looked up from her desk.

"What's the hold up Mrs. Andrews? Come in and take your seat." she said and I limped to my seat.

You would have thought that she would be a little more understanding, considering the circumstances huh?

As I made my way to my empty seat, I noticed that Austin's seat was also empty.

I looked back and saw Hunter and Mason, looking sort of lost without their ring leader.

I turned back around in my seat, searching around with my eyes for Haven.

She was nowhere to be found.

As Mrs. Mayfield stood and began to teach, I heard the classroom door open.

When I looked up, I realized it was Haven. She had sunglasses on, and a scarf wrapped around her neck;even though it was the middle of September.

She didn't even acknowledge me as she took her seat and took out her notebook.

I pulled out my phone and sent her a text message.
'Haven, meet me in the bathroom.
xoxo Kay.'

I sent the message and looked over at Haven as she pulled out her phone.

I limped up to Mrs.Mayfield's desk, and told her it was emergency.

When she let me out, I limped to the bathroom and patiently waited for Haven.

A few minutes later I heard Haven come in.

"Haven!" I exclaimed as I made my way over to her and grabbed her into a hug.

When I felt Haven wince, I pulled back.