Chapter 14

After a dreadful day of cheer leading practice, I slowly made my way to my car in the empty parking lot.

I just wanted to get away. From everything and from everyone.

It felt like my whole world was crashing down, like everyone was turning against me.

I've never been called a slut before I came here. Never. Not even by Drew.

I had to figure out who took that picture, and soon.

I was broken out of my thoughts by the sound of footsteps. I turned around expecting to see someone, but saw no one.

I started walking faster. Then I heard them again.
Thump. Thump.Thump. Came the sounds behind me.

I started to run, but was soon slammed against the hood of my car, only to be turned around to face Drew.

"D-D-Drew. Please go." I choked out as his hands made their way to my neck.

"I saw you cheering today. You looked hot." he breathed out as he kissed my throat.

"Let me go." I said, barely above a low whisper.

"I warned you Kaleigh. I know you told your little boyfriend and his shadows our little secret. Now you're gonna pay."

With that, he smacked me across the face. I sunk down to the ground, banging my head hard against the concrete.

He hovered over me and kicked me in the stomach.

I let out a loud oomph sound as I held my stomach in pain.

He then took this opportunity to grab me by my hair and drag me.

I cried out in pain.

All of a sudden, Drew let me go.

I looked around only to see Mason running towards us.

"Shit!" Drew screamed out as he began to run away.

"This isn't over Kaleigh!" he yelled at me as he kicked me one last time.

"Kaleigh!" Mason screamed as he quickly made his way over to me.

"Are you okay?Was that Drew?"

"M-M-Mason." I barely choked out as everything became blurry.

"I've got you Kaleigh." was the last sound I heard before I blacked out.

*******

I awoke to the sound of voices.

Deep voices. "Why did you bring her here?" said a voice that I immediately recognized as Austin's.

"She needed my help. That bastard beat her half to death!" screamed an out of breath Mason.

"Take her home man, I don't want her here." said Austin and I could almost hear his jaw clench.

"What's your problem?First you act all in love with her, and now you can't stand to be around her.I know you better than anyone Austin. I know you like her. So what's your deal?" asked a concerned Mason.

"That picture man. I know she told someone to take it as a little joke or something.Look man, maybe I did like her a little but that doesn't change anything between us. I want her gone." I almost didn't recognize him, his voice was so cold.

I didn't want to hear the rest of the conversation.

I took this as my opportunity to leave. I looked around at my surroundings and recognized this room as Austin's den.