Chapter 9

I felt so amazing in Austin's arms. I felt wanted. I felt Safe. To my disappointment, Austin moved away.

"How about I go and get the car, and pull it around the front. Then we can go to my place. Just to talk." he added quickly.

"That sounds great." I smiled as he headed towards the door.

"Be right back Blondie." said Austin as he closed the door behind him.

I decided to get up and explore the room. Back turned to the door, I picked up one of the pictures on the night stand. It was of Avery as a little girl. I smiled to myself. She looked so happy. And nice.

I heard the door open and close behind me.

"Austin? That was fast." I said, my back still turned to the door.

"Kaleigh." I deep voice said from behind me, and I immediately dropped the picture I was holding and slowly turned around.

"D-d-rew." I said just above a whisper.

"God, you're still as gorgeous as I remember." said Drew as he looked me up and down." I came down here to see you. But I see that you've already moved on." he said, coldly as he clenched his jaw.

Making his way over to me, I back up against the wall.Soon he was in front of me, closing the distance between us.

"You're such a slut." he said and I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

" D- D-Drew please." I cried out.

" Please what?Please sit back and watch as my girlfriend plays kissy face with some other guy?He doesn't want you Kaleigh." said Drew .

"Get off of me." I said more confident than I meant to sound.

Drew slid his hand under my dress and started feeling on my privates. I winced and tried to move his hand.

He slapped me. As I fell to the floor, he put himself on top of me.

He started kissing my neck and tried to pull my dress up from the bottom.

I kneed him in his places.

Soon he was holding himself screaming. He got back on top of me and punched me. Blood spewed from my eye and nose.

He got up and walked towards the door.

"If you say anything to anyone, I'll make sure that boyfriend of yours never sees the light of day again.Got it?" he demanded as he turned the knob.

"Y-y-yes Drew. " I said still holding my eye, and crying in pain.

He walked out without another word.

Minutes later, I heard the door open again. I shriveled up in fear of who it may be.

"Kaleigh?" said Austin as he searched the room. When his eyes landed on me, I could almost see his heart drop.

"Kaleigh, What happened? Who did this to you?" he screamed as he helped me to my feet.

When I kept quiet, he looked at me.

"It was Drew, wasn't it Kaleigh?" he asked, anger written across his face.

"Austin ple-"

"No Kaleigh, this guy deserves what he gets." he said as he headed towards the door.

"No Austin please dont, I'm begging you." I cried out.

He studied me for a second before giving in.

"Fine. Let's just get you out of here." he said.

When we made our way to his car and got inside, Austin turned to me before starting the engine.

"Why are you protecting this guy Kaleigh?" he asked.

Oh Austin, if only you knew.