Chapter 8

My breath hitched in my throat.

"Au-Au-Austin." I choked out as I put my hand to my chest to stop myself from breathing so hard.

"Woah, Kaleigh are you okay?What's wrong?" Austin asked as he helped me to keep my balance.

The world around me was suddenly a blur. I couldn't think. I couldn't talk.

"T-t-thats Drew." I barely choked out as I pointed in his direction.

"Who's Drew?" Austin asked clearly confused.

"He's my ex boyfriend." I said nervousness written all over my face.

"Ooh," Austin nodded his head in understanding."Why do you look so frightened? Are you scared of him?" Austin asked , concerned written all across his face.

"Its a long story Austin."

"I've got all the time in the world.After all we're dating now." said a smirking Austin as he led me away from all of the noise to one of the few empty bedrooms upstairs.

I was so relieved to get away from him.As I sat down on the edge of the bed, Austin followed suit.

"So what's the deal between you and this Drew guy?" Austin asked as he stared at me, awaiting an answer.

So I told him. I told him all about how we met, & how we started dating my freshman year. I told him all about how he became aggressive and controlling. I told him all about how he put me in the hospital 6 times throughout our entire relationship. And by the time I was done, Austin looked flushed.

"B-Bl-K-Kaleigh." he breathed out.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea." he clenched his jaw as he said the last few words.

"I should beat his ass. I should go right down there and-"

"Austin No!" I screamed. "Please don't, he'll hurt me again." I whispered , then started to cry.

Austin pulled me close, and wrapped me into a hug."He won't hurt you Kaleigh, I'll never let him hurt you again." he whispered in my ear as he kissed my cheek. I eventually stopped crying and looked into his eyes.

"Thanks Austin."

Then his smirked returned as I got up and headed towards the door.

"No problem Blondie.Anything for my girl." he said.

I felt the blood rise to my cheeks as I blushed, showing my dimple.

"You're so cute when you're blushing." smirked Austin as he made his way over to me.

Soon enough, he had me cornered.

"Austin, stop." I felt my breath hitch in my throat as Austin slowly pecked my neck.I tried to fight back the need for more as he rubbed his hand up my thigh even further and gripped it.

"Kaleigh" , Austin breathed as he continued to kiss me."Don't fight it. You want me and I want you.Let's leave it at that.What's stopping us?" I felt my neck arching, to give him more of an advantage."I....I-I-I...." I breathed as Austin worked his way up my throat, lifting his eyes to meet mines. "Nothing.There's nothing stopping us Austin" , I all but breathed as our lips met.

What was stopping us?

Drew.