Chapter 15

The next morning, I felt terrible.

My entire body was sore.

I couldn't even sit up in the bed because of the horrible migraine that was taking over my head.

"Kaleigh Rebecca Andrews!" I heard my mom call from just outside of my door.

My head pounded in pain.

Her yells were soon followed by rapid knocks on my door.

"Kaleigh!" my mom exclaimed as she burst open my door." Its almost 8 am!" she screamed which caused me to cover my face with my blankets.

"Mom. Please stop yelling." I murmured.

She pulled the covers below my head.

"Honey, what's wrong?" my mom soothed as she sat on the edge of my bed.

"My head hurts. I feel like a brick was thrown at my head." I said as I held my head.

"Aw, honey im sorry.Just stay at home and rest today. Your father and I have to work late today so we'll be home at least by midnight.I'll call and check on you later." With that, she kissed my forehead and walked out of the room.

I turned over in my bed, and drifted off into a deep sleep.

I think I deserved a day off.

*****

I was awaken out of my sleep by the sounds of knocking.

I looked over at my Justin Bieber clock and saw that it was 11:24 am.

'How long was I asleep?' I wondered.

I was broken out of my thoughts by another round of knocks.

I groaned as I slowly made my way out of the bed, dragging my feet into my slippers and walking downstairs.

"Who is it?" I asked, as I put my hand on the doorknob.

"Open up Blondie." Said a voice from the other side.
Oh no. Is That-No it couldn't be.Could it?

"Austin?" I asked nervously, as I slowly opened the door.

Sure enough, there he was.

"Can I come in?" he asked hesitantly, as he looked me in my eyes.

"Um, sure." I say.

I opened the door wider, giving him space enough to walk in, and I closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing here?Aren't you supposed to be in school?" I asked confused, as we made our way up to my room.

Yesterday he wasn't even talking to me. Now he shows up at my house unannounced.

"Ditched it. I didn't feel like going." he said simply as he sat down on my couch.

When he saw the serious look on my face though, his mood suddenly changed.

"I should kick this guy's ass for what he did to you yesterday." he said, with his jaw clenched as he eyed my visibly bruised face.

"Well, you sure didn't seem to care." I said coldly as I looked the other way to keep myself from crying.

"Look Kaleigh, I'm sorry for yesterday. I just....thought that the picture thing was your doing." he said simply, and I could see the sorrow in his eyes.

"I should have known that you would never do anything like that." he finished as he looked down.

He came and sat down next to me on my bed.

"Kaleigh, I meant what I said. I really do like you. That's what I meant to tell you the other day. But I chickened out at the last minute." He looked at me with hope in his eyes.

I was shocked. Who knew that Austin would admit his feelings for me? The bad-boy of the school. The jerk that got me into this bet in the first place. He was now admitting his feelings for me.

"I like you too Austin." I finally said, looking up at him.

He smiled me, and it was in that moment that he kissed me. Not the forced kiss, that we usually did. Not the 'trying to make Avery jealous kiss'. A real true kiss that I was now sharing with the bad-boy. My bad boy.

And I was enjoying every moment of it.

**

Austin and I spent the next few hours cuddling and watching movies.

"So um...Austin?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah, beautiful?" he says as he keeps his eyes locked on 'Transformers' .

"Does this mean that our um-bet is over? I mean, are we officially a couple now?" I ask looking down, expecting the worst.

"Of course." he says as he turns to me.

"Can I uh-" I stop myself and swallow, nervous about my next question. "Trust You?" I finally ask.

Austin studied me for a moment before he finally answered.

"You can trust me Blondie. It'll take me a while before I can get over the uh....'not sleeping with a different slut' every night mode, but I can manage. Besides, I want you and only you, Kaleigh." he said, sincerity in his eyes.

I felt myself blush.

We stared at each other for a split second before I felt my phone vibrate.
Mason.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Kaleigh. I was wondering were you feeling better." he said.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm a little sore here and there, but other than that I feel great." I answer.

"Awesome, maybe I could come over for a while?" he asked hopefully.

"Um, actually Austin's here.But you could come if want to." I answer.

"Oh. Um, never mind I just remembered I have to uh...do alot of homework." he answered sounding disappointed.

"Um, sure. Thanks for calling Mason." I tell him.

"Yeah. Bye." He said as he hung IP the phone.

"Why was Mason calling?" Austin asked suspiciously.

"He was just checking on me Austin." I told him as I hit him playfully on the arm.

I couldn't help but think about that phone call.What was that all about?