Chapter 22

When I woke up, I realized that I was still in the bed with Austin.

"Austin!Wake up!" I exclaimed shaking him viciously.

He mumbled under his breath and rolled over.

"What is it Kaleigh?" he asked me as he sat up in the bed.

"I've been here all night! My parents must be worried sick!" I told him as I struggled to get up and put my clothes on.

"Kaleigh, Don't worry I've already talked to your parents. I told them that you decided to stay the night here, to get out of the house. They thought it was a good idea. Here, let me help you." he said as he rushed to my side and helped me get dress.

"Thanks Austin." I told him as I kissed his cheek.

"How are you feeling?" he asked me as he put his own clothes back on.

"I'm fine." I told him. "Has Mason been home? I really need to talk to him."

"Yeah, he came home last night with some blonde chick. They're in his room." said Austin. "I wouldn't go in there if I were you."

I sat there with a hurt look in my face.

"Look Kaleigh, Mason didn't really like you. He just wanted to get in your pants. I tried to tell you, but you weren't answering any of my calls. He made a bet with Hunter that he could get you into bed. I'm sorry Kaleigh." he told me as he sat down on the bed beside me.

I was so confused.

I thought that Mason had really liked me.

But that doesn't matter now. Because I'm with Austin.

Right?

"Austin?" I asked him.

"Yeah?" he said.

"Are we back together now?" I asked him, looking up to meet his eyes.

"Of course Kaleigh. And We're never breaking up again." he said as he took my hand in his and kissed it.

"I love you Austin."

"I love you too Kaleigh."

We made our way out of the room and down the stairs.

"Can I cook you something?" I asked him as I made my way to the refrigerator.

"That's okay beautiful. I'd rather go out to get something instead of watching my sore girlfriend cook." he said.

Just then, we heard footsteps coming from the staircase.

"Mason, stop it!" said a high pitched voice followed by a giggle.

They made their way into the kitchen where Austin and I were.
Kaci.

"Um, hey Kaleigh. How have you been?" Kaci asked uneasily, as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Good." I answered her as I kept my eyes on Mason, who turned away.

"Look, about the team, I'm so so-"

"Forget it. Its fine." I told her as I grabbed Austin's hand.

"Lets go Austin. I'm hungry."

"Sure babe." he told me as he nodded towards Mason.

We made our way out of the house and to Austin's car.

"I know this great restaurant down the block." said Austin as he drove down the driveway.

I must have been quiet the entire way, because when we finally arrived, Austin turned to me.