Chapter 27. Winter Dance and Dresses

"I've never been to a dance before!" Sasha exclaims. The snowing has stopped, but the temperature seems to get colder.

"None of us have." I said simply, clutching the phone and rereading the message over and over again. 

"And we have to go among those Starlight folks!" Sasha said in disgust. 

"Well, we can just not go." Crystal gives her a pat on the shoulders. 

But Sasha whips around and stares at her in disbelief. "Um, of course I'm going! A dance means dressing up, and dressing up means hundreds of cute boys to dance with!" She holds up a finger and said sternly. 

I'm not sure about this.

I've seen these high school dances in countless movies, where a guy asks a girl to dance and they end it with a stupid kiss. Even though I've never been to one, I doubt that actually happens in real life.

"So what do you say?" I turn to my friends for their opinion. "Want to go to this..." I look down at the email again, then proceed. "...winter dance thingy." 

They look at each other, then back at me. "I'm down if your down." Crystal said with a bright smile.

"I'm always down for anything with boys!" Sasha stands up and pointed at the sky dramatically. 

I smiled as I go affected by her enthusiasm. I jumped up too, mirroring Sasha's pose. "Then let's go to this dance!"

Crystal jumps up too, copying us. "And eat lots of pizza!"

"And wear pretty dresses!"

"And get laid!" Sasha calls out.

Crystal and I turn towards her instinctively, our mouth dropped open. An old woman walking by has stopped and worn the same expression as she stares at Sasha. 

She drops her hand and looks at us cluelessly. "What? Isn't that what happens in those movies." She shrugs.

"What movie are you talking about?" Crystal practically yelled. 

Sasha just ignored her and turned away in embarrassment, her face turns pink, and it wasn't from the cold.

I laughed as I grabbed my bag from the bench and slung it over my shoulders.

"So do we go back now?" Crystal asks. 

I looked around at the beautiful atmosphere. The cute little shops across the street with a thin layer of snow covering the rooftop. Cars drive by occasionally, despite the slippery road. Kids running in and out of shops wearing adorable fuzzy hats. 

I want to stay here for a while longer...

"Luna?" Crystal waves a hand in front of my face and I break out of my trance. 

"Did you guys bring any money?" I asked. They both made a confused face, but dug through their bags to check.

"I've got 300 bucks." Crystal said.

"I've got 400." Sasha said while pulling out the hundred dollar bills. 

I dug through my own, I've got 300 and a few more crumpled up dollar bills.

 Our parents have gotten generous with our allowances since school blew up. We've been saving it because we rarely go out to shop in this weather, but it's great that we all brought it today.

"Guys." I pulled out the bills and show it to them. They still wore the same confused expression. I smiled and looked over across the street. "Let's go dress shopping."