chapter 7. Latte

The classrooms at Starlight. Fancy isn't it?

________________________________________________________________________________

God, it stinks in here.

There was only a light bulb hanging from the ceiling, illuminating the room. The wooden walls were chipped and full of dust.

I need to get out of this room.

I grabbed the rusty doorknob and slowly opened the door.

I poked my head out, and let out a sigh of relief. The students haven't arrived.

I step out and turned my focus back to my surroundings. I gasped.

It looks like I'm on the second floor. I saw the long hallway stretching out in front of me. The floor checkered with black and white marble tiles. One side of the hall full of classrooms. The other side like a balcony, giving me a clear view of the massive white fountain in the middle of the school yard, surrounded by the greenest grass I've ever seen. I leaned over the railing to get a better look at it. A statue of a girl in an ancient Greek dress stood in the middle of the water, holding a harp.

It was beautiful.

The school was beautiful...

Which only made me hate it more!

"Pfffff!" I blew a raspberry and turned away sharply on my heels.

Stupid normal rich kid and their stupid normal rich school!

I continued down the hallway, looking sides to sides as I walked. God, even the classrooms are fancy. I thought as I looked into each window.

I walked down a stairway leading down to the first floor. I hesitantly stepped on the freakishly green grass. The sun shone so brightly, I can feel the top of my head getting hot. I walked over to the fountain. I put my hands on the edge and leaned over to look in. The water was clear and glistening, coins lay at the bottom.

"The students have soooo much coin to spare they throw it in here?" I muttered to myself.

"Actually, we throw it in to make a wish." A voice said behind me.

I yelped and whipped my head around. Standing behind me was a petite Asian girl, also in a uniform. She had straight black hair with brown highlights. Her lips bright red.

"Um, hi." I waved awkwardly. Wow, she must think I'm a weirdo.

She moves closer, puts her hands on her hips, and looks up at me. She was really short, her head coming up to my eyes. "Are you new?" She eyed my uniform.

"Um, yeah." I played around with a tag on my jacket.

Her lips curled into a smile. "Oh, ok, I'm Rin."

"I'm Lu... I mean Lily!" I almost blurted out my real name. Luckily, I caught myself.

She casts me a weird expression for a second, but then it fades back into a smile as she waves around a piece of paper. "I have your schedule, I'm your buddy." She bounces up and down. "You're lucky I'm here early. I can give you a tour of the school! " She excitingly stuck her hand out for me to take.

"Sure." I said uncertainly, but I took her hand.

She pulled me around the fountain and under a roofed hall, similar to the one I've been in. The entire hall silent except the sound of Rin's heels on the checkered floor.

"Let's go see the cafeteria, food is my favorite part of the day." She giggles. I can't help but smile too. We kept on walking until we arrived in front of a giant wooden door. She hurries over and grabbed the golden handle.