Chapter 5. Makeover

The bright light of the sun shines in through my violet curtains. I flip around in my bed, facing my bedside table. The clock said 6:29.

Wait a moment...

3, 2, 1.

The clock hits 6:30.

"LUNA!" Sasha bursts through my bedroom door, two cups of coffee in her hands. Knew it.

"Sasha, don't you think people deserve more sleep." I sit up in my bed, rubbing my eyes. "Seriously, I think you woken up Japan."

"I wasn't that loud." She puts a cup of coffee on my dresser. I opened my eyes wider and took a good look at her. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, the tips were curled. She wore a black miniskirt and a white crop top. "Get up ya lazy." Sasha puts one hand on her hips and took a sip of her coffee.

I groaned and rolled off the bed. I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. Wow, I am a mess. I had dark circles under my eyes and my lips were as dry as a cracker. My hair was the worst part, all the tips were curled in wrong directions. After 3 minutes of brushing and applying water to it, I gave up. It still looked like a birds nest.

"Hey Sash." I poked my head out from the bathroom door. Sasha puts down the coffee she was sipping.

"Are you ready?"

"Can you maybe help me with that today." I regret it the moment I said it. The most wicked smile broke out on her face and she slowly stood up.

"Are you asking me to give you a makeover?" Her voice gets higher as she cups her face in her hands and jumped up and down.

"Just...fix my hair." I barley finished the sentence when she grabbed my arms and yanked me out of my room and into the hallway.

"I can't believe you're asking me to give you a makeover!" Sasha pulls me into her room. The heavy scent of perfume fills my nose. Oh my god... did she really paint her walls pink? I snorted at the heart shape pictures of male celebrities on the pink walls. Sasha skips to her desk full of her beautifying magical stuffs that I don't even know what they're called. She opens the bottom drawer and pulls out a golden box full of makeup.

"Sash, I said just fix my hair." I started backing away as Sasha pulls out a brush and dips it into a white powdery substance. When she saw me trying to make my great escape, she ran behind me and locked the door. Oh no.

"Sit." Sasha pulls out a wooden chair next to her table. She puts one hand on her hips and gestures me to come. I decided to trust Sasha. So I walked over and sat down in front of a mirror on her table. She started brushing my black hair and spraying water onto it. Surprisingly, my hair became straight and untangled in a minute. "See, you can trust me." Sasha took a step back and took a look behind my head.

"Ok, thanks." I started to get up but Sasha pushes me down.

"Wait, we're not done here." Sasha pulls out the makeup she was holding. Damn, how did I forget that. She then went to the bathroom and got a curler.

"Sash, my hair is done, can we please just go." I watch in horror as she plugs the curler into an outlet beside my foot.

"Oh, no." Sasha smiled sinisterly. "We're far from being DONE." Then she grabbed a strand of my hair and wraps it around the curler.

"Oh my god, Sasha!" I yelled, but made no attempts of getting up. Sasha repeats the process until my hair was no longer straight. It was shiny and wavy. I lifted a strand up and felt it. It was soft and smooth, definitely different from how it was before. I let go of it and it fell on my shoulders like waves. I got to admit, it looks pretty good.