Chapter 26. A month later...

1 month later

"I still can't believe the mayor blew up your school!" Mom exclaimed. I sat at her dressing table as she dries my hair. 

About a month ago. I've got the biggest surprise of my life. Not the good kind. Not the kind of surprise you get when your lover proposes to you. Oh no no no, quite the complete opposite actually. The kind where you find out your dear principle was actually the one trying to murder the fellow students.

Sorry, when I said surprise, I meant surprises. Not only that, I've also found out the bullied nerd from Starlight was not only a villain-- I mean supernatural, but she was also my cousin who found out Mrs. Scarlet wasn't who she said she was years before I did.

And to top it all up, the mayor presses a button which caused our entire school to blow up! Kaboom! Gone! 

It's been a month since Mrs. Scarlet got hauled off to jail. A month since Venom High blew up. And for the past few weeks, every student stayed at home, snuggled up in bed, enjoying a holiday.

"I can't believe you erased my memories!" I shot back. I spent the last couple of minutes scolding my mother like we reversed roles. 

"Honey, please, we had to." She brushes my hair with her hands as the hot air from the dryer hits my back.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I crossed my arms and legs simultaneously.

"So tell me about what's going on now." I look up and saw mom smiling in the mirror. She leans closer to me, waiting. 

"Urm," I brushed away a strand of hair that was blown into my face before continuing. "Now that our school is nothing but ashes..." I tried to resist a giggle. Usually when one's school blows up they should be quite upset. But for some reason, I can't help but burst out laughing when I think about it. "The mayor says she's letting all of us go to Starlight." 

Mom jumps back.

Woosh!

The books on the shelf behind us to fall off like a waterfall. Leaving them in a messy pile on the carpet. 

Stuff tends to fall over when she's shocked.

"Shoot!" Mom turns back and continues to dry my hair, making no gestures of going over to clean up the mess. "I'll pick them up later." Then she nudges her head forward, pushing me to talk.

"Well, we won't be having the same classes as the normals, but they've built a new school for us." After Mayor Rosanna, accidentally, and incredibly idiotically blew up our school, she felt really guilty of her mistake. She made an announcement to the entire town that we weren't the ones that killed the students 6 years ago, we were innocent. And that she will build a new school for us, hired all of our old teachers, right beside Starlight. And she ended the speech by confirming that we won't be called villains anymore, instead, we would be called our old name, "Supernaturals".

I have no idea how to normals will react when they see us walking their streets. Welcome us?If you believe that then you're a fool. 

Freak out? I don't know.

 Lead another rebellion with torches? Probably.

"Done." Mom unplugs the dryer and stands behind me, admiring my newly dyed hair with me. "You look so much better with black hair." She runs a hand through her own. 

I smiled. "I think so too." 

"To be honest, you looked horrible a blonde." She scrunches up her nose. 

My smile faded. "Gee thanks." I said sarcastically. 

At that moment, the doorbell rang. Mom blew a sharp whistle and the door flies opens. Revealing Sasha and Crystal standing under the falling snow. They squealed at the sigh of my natural hair color.