Chapter 24. Not going down without a fight

I froze.

I stared down the barrel of the gun pointed at me. 

"Say goodbye, little sorceress." Mrs. Scarlet sang. Her index finger moved up to pull the trigger. I look down at the anti-power band on my wrist. 

Damn it! I can't cast a spell. I look back up, she was about to shoot. 

No, this can't end now. I will not die like this! Not without a fight!

As fast as a lightning, I stuck my hand out and slapped the gun out of her hands. A shot rang out and the bullet hits the wall behind me. 

"YOU LITTLE--" Mrs. Scarlet screamed. But I didn't let her finish. I pushed her with all of my strength, knocking her back into her desk. She hits the edge of the table and fell flat on her back. She looks injured, and laid on the floor catching her breath, giving me the time to bolt out of the office. 

I ran as fast as I could. My heart felt as if it was about to beat out of my chest.

I need to get everyone out of here! 

I screamed at the top of my lungs, getting the attention of all students as I ran down the hallway. Classroom doors open as students spilled out to see what was going on. Shock floods their faces one by one as I ran past them.

"Run! Everyone!" I called. I turned back, not stopping. A few students followed behind me, while others remained in their spot, still confused. 

"Guy! Just run!" I yelled again. This time, everyone obeyed. Until the entire school was running behind me. We stampede out to the large, grassy opening at the front of the school. 

"What's happening?" A girl yelled.

"Where are you going!" A boy screamed behind me. I turned back and said nothing, just checking to see if everyone was there. In the huge crowd, I can see Sasha and Crystal running near the front. I felt more relieved when I saw them close behind me. But we were all still in danger.

Then a shot rang out. Everyone stops abruptly, freezing dead in their tracks, so did I. I turned around slowly. 

The students parted, Mrs. Scarlet emerges from between them, aiming the gun straight at me. Holding a remote in the other hand with a green button on it.

The students murmured, obviously confused about what was happening. 

"Luna! what is this?" Sasha screamed. Will runs up beside her and stares wide-eyed.

I look at the gun, then at the confused and terrified crowd of students and teachers. "Guys, it's her!" I pointed at Mrs. Scarlet, risking my life. "She's the one that poisoned us!" 

The students gasped, watching like an audience. Mrs. Scarlet snaps her head back at them, causing them to silence. She turns back and lets out a blood-curdling laugh. She aims the gun at me, then walks closer. She walks over in front of me, facing the students, while I had my backs to them and my arms out, gesturing for everyone to stay back.

A few students quickly caught on to the situation. A boy's eye's glowed red, while a girl holds a ball of light in her hands, pulling it back, ready to throw it.

"You're outnumbered here!" I called to Mrs. Scarlet. "If you shoot me! These students behind me will kill you! Either way you lose!" I tried to sound as threatening as possible, but my voice was shaking, so was my entire body.

Mrs. Scarlet laughed and shook her head as if I just said a joke. She takes out the remote with the green button on it. "Do you know what this is?" She asks while holding it up for everyone to see.