Chapter 6. Blonde and blue eyes

The picture above is the Starlight uniform. Just to give you a picture of what it looks like.

On with the story!

______________________________________________________________________________

The last bell rings. School's over.

I changed out of my PE shoes and clothes and back into my dress and heels. I grabbed my stuff and started walking out of the gym, when our vampire coach, Mrs. Jamie, grabbed my arm to stop me.

I let out a long sigh, and slowly turned around. "What?" I said annoyed.

"Luna, care to explain why it took you 32 minutes to run a mile." Her eyes flashed red across her almost translucent face. I rolled my eyes. Running a mile here is absolutely terrifying. At least for other students. Ms. Jamie likes to let out her cage-full of bats to chase after us. She says it helps us feel the "vampire vibe", while getting in shape. Luckily, I always make myself invisible and sneak off to get a snack.

But god I hate her. She's always out to get me. And if that isn't true she wouldn't make me do an extra 30 pushups before every class.

"Shouldn't you be happy?" I yanked my arm back and cross them in front of my chest.

Her eyes went wide. "Excuse me?"

"I remember last time it took me 35 minutes. Sounds like an improvement to me." I replied with sass, glaring at the cage of squeaking bats she was holding.

She looks speechless for a moment. Then she scowls. "Mrs. Moonshine, I understand you are one of the best student here. But that doesn't give you a right to..."

"You know what!" I interrupted, she pulls her head back like she's been slapped. "Save the lecture, you won't be seeing me for a while anyways."

She looks at me confused. "I'm afraid you can't leave school Luna..."

I held my palm up to stop her. "Haven't you heard? I'm going to Starlight Academy."

Her mouth hung open, showing her sharp fangs. "What? How?"

"Mrs. Scarlet is sending me there." I glared at her. I turned around and started walking towards the exit. "Don't miss me too much, cause I sure won't miss you!" I called out. Leaving her standing there, staring as I left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked through the empty hallway. Everyone left? "Stupid coach." I mumbled, mad that Mrs. Verucca held me back.

I abruptly stop when I saw a tall boy with dark brown hair leaning against my locker.

Will?

He turned around and smiled. Crap! I realize I'm just standing there. Now he knows I was staring at him. I walked towards him hesitantly.

"Hey, I was waiting for you." He steps away from the lockers so he was facing me.

I snorted.

Oh god. What did I do?

My cheeks became hot. But he just laughs. It sounded nice...

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you waiting for me?"

He stopped laughing. His bright brown eyes became sad, and he looks down at the floor. "I heard you're going to Starlight."

Where did he heard it from?

"Oh yeah, Mrs. Scarlet wants me to be some kind of spy."

He looked up. "When will you be back?"