Chapter 14. No Powers

I looked nervously at everyone. Mrs. Scarlet walked behind her desk and sat down. She grabs a stack of newspaper lying face on her desk and holds it up to us.

"Care to explain this?" She asks sternly. I gulped as my friends all exchanged nervous glances. 

"We...made the front cover." Will stuttered. We all stared at the newspaper. The title 'Villain Kids Break into Town and Kill' printed at the front. A large picture of us fighting the men who attacked us printed below. Not only that, it also captured us using our powers. 

"What were you doing at the normals' part of town?" Mrs. Scarlet asked. Her eyes burn into ours.

I sighed and looked at my friends. Sasha nodded, giving permission to tell. I looked back at Mrs. Scarlet, who was waiting patiently for my answer. 

"We went to the food factory," I said. "To try to get evidence." Mrs. Scarlet's raises one of her eyebrows. "And on our way back, we ran into some men. They tried to attack us so..." I looked down at the floor and lowered my voice. "We...used our powers and accidentally killed...one of them." 

Mrs. Scarlet didn't speak for a long while. We stood there as awkward as can be. Waiting for her outburst.

"You guys are lucky." She finally said. I looked at her confused. "Those men were trying to hurt you, and you fought back, so it was considered self-defense and you won't be going to jail." She crosses her arms.

We all let out a sigh of relief. Thank god, I can't imagine what would happen if we got locked up.

"But!" Mrs. Scarlet raises her finger in the air. "You still weren't allowed to be in that part of town." Mrs. Scarlet said.

"We know," Sasha said weakly. "We're sorry."

"You're all given a warning. But I won't be so easy on you next time." Mrs. Scarlet said. 

"There won't be the next time, promise." I said. 

"I accept your apologies." Mrs. Scarlet said genuinely. "But there must still be a punishment."

Crap! Please don't be feeding the sharks in the swimming pool...please don't be feeding the sharks. I closed my eyes and prayed. 

I opened my eyes and looked at everyone else. They all looked straight at Mrs. Scarlet, waiting for the worst.

Mrs. Scarlet takes out a remote with a big red button on it. 

Oh my god! Is she gonna shock us? 

She presses it.

Nothings happening. We all looked around confused. But then we hear a whirring sound. Sasha screamed. I felt something cold snap onto my wrist. I looked down and saw a small metal band clasped around it. I screamed and looked around, discovering that everyone's got it on them.

"What is this?" I yelled as we all waved our arms around trying to get it off. 

"That's an anti-power band." Mrs. Scarlet explained while we all freaked out. "You will all be banned from using your powers for a week." Mrs. Scarlet said slowly, word by word. She points at the bands. "And these prevent you from using your powers. It's also waterproof." She smiles coldly. 

"NO!" Sasha's hand flew on top of her mouth as she whipped her head around, looked between all of us in shock. 

"Yes." Mrs. Scarlet laughs evilly. She holds up the remote. "And when I press this button again, you'll all say bye bye to your powers."

My heart dropped. How will I find out who's poisoning the foods without my powers? I looked frantically at the metal wristband, then at my friends. They all wore the same expression as me; devastated.