Chapter 3. I don't need a boyfriend!

"Luna, wake up."

I was lying on my side. I opened my eyes, finding Sasha's face less than an inch from mine.

"Ahhhhh!" I hit the back of my head against the wall behind me, again. I rub the back of my head while Sasha laughs like a hyena.

"You need to get use to my jump scares." She flips her hair, pleases with herself.

"Or you can can simply stop doing it." I groaned.

She taps a finger on her chin, pretends to be thinking. "Nah." She says with a sly smile. "Now get up, we're visiting Crystal."

I took a look at Sasha's outfit. She has a full face of makeup on. She's wearing a tiny red dress, high heels, and gigantic hoop earrings.

"Sasha, we're visiting a sick friend, not going on a date."

"There's a lot of cute doctors there." She's now putting on lip gloss.

"Of course boys are the first thing you think about."

"Get your butt out of bed and get dressed." She says as she puts on the third coat.

I push myself off my bed and sat down in front of my bathroom mirror. I brushed my messy hair until it was nice and straight. Then I changed into a blue t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

I came out of the bathroom to find that Sasha was sitting on my bed, reading one of my magazines.

She looks up and eyed my outfit. She sighed like she's disappointed in me.

"Seriously, that's what you're wearing?" She scrunched her nose.

"Yes it's what I'm wearing, now lets go." I grabbed Sasha's hand and pulled her outside.

I paused for a moment when I saw the dark and cloudy sky. I went back in the room and got two umbrellas.

"Good, we might need those." Sasha grabs one. And we make our way down the stairs.

Mrs. Scarlet arranged a cab to take us to the hospital. It was bright green, parked outside the dorms. It pulled up next to us and we got in.

"Good morning girls." The driver turns around and smiles at us. She was a tiny middle aged woman with pale skin and unicorn hair.

"Good morning." I had to squint my eyes because of how bright her hair is.

"I'm Lou." She introduced herself. "I heard you're visiting a friend at the hospital." She asks as she starts the car.

Sasha starts to tell her everything that happened these past few days. Then she starts to talk about makeup, boys, clothes. So the entire ride to the hospital was full of Sasha yapping about her love life, and Lou giggling, while I just leaned against the window and stared outside.

Our town was not a pretty place, unlike the normals' side. They have trees, clean sidewalks, a beautiful beach. While we have trash, spray paint graffiti, and street fights everywhere. I saw some troublemakers from my school hanging out near a dumpster. The saw our car and started throwing fire balls at us. Sasha screamed and grabbed onto me.

"Don't worry, the car's fire proof, they do this every time I pass by here." Lou steadies the car.

Even though the fire balls shocked both of us, it seemed to shut Sasha up. And the rest of the car ride was in complete silence.

"We're here!" Lou pulls up in front of an enormous building.

I took a good look at it. There were guards surrounding it. The entire building looks futuristic, with walls of white marbles. The windows were glowing green. On top of the building was a gigantic "V".