Chapter 8. Hello Kitty Underwear

I found a seat near the back and sat down. I don't want to be noticed. I put my head down on the table and brushed my blonde hair over my face to conceal it. I heard the sound of students entering and sitting down. I pray that no one would talk to me.

A minute passed, and everyone left me alone. No one tried to talk to me. I begin to relax a bit.

"Hey." Someone tapped me on the shoulders.

Great... just great.

I slowly lifted my head up. A girl with shoulder length ginger hair stood awkwardly in front of me. She adjusts her black rimmed glasses and gave me a shy smile. "Is... someone sitting here?" She points at the empty seat next to me.

"No, you can sit there."

"Ok thanks." She hugs her backpack to her chest and sat down.

I put my head back down but this time I peeked at her through my hair. She kept her head down like me. Not wanting to be noticed. She doesn't look like she's friends with anyone in this class. She chose to sit in the back with me instead of with the others in the front.

"Morning." Said a sickening sweet voice. I looked up a little and saw the crazy chic Bella from the cafe. I noticed the girl next to me. She ducked her head down, trying to avoid being seen by her. She looks up a little and accidentally locked eyes with Bella. A evil grin appeared on Bella's face. She made her way towards our table.

"No, no, please." The girl beside me whispered clutching her bag. I wanted to ask what was wrong, but instead I kept my head down and listened.

"Yo nerd!" I peeked through my hair to see her familiar chocolate curls. The girl beside me looked up nervously. "Mind explaining why I only got a B+ on my science project?" Bella leans toward her and looked at her like a predator about to pounce her prey.

"I...I told you I didn't quite understood that class, but you still made me do it for you." She stuttered.

"You useless little brat!" Bella slammed her hand down on her table, causing the whole class to stop what they were doing, and stare at us. "I told you to get me an A! Does your hair need more cutting?" She reaches out and grabs her ginger hair forcefully.

"No! Don't cut my hair again!" She tried to yank her hair out of Bella's hands. Her big hazel eyes filled with tears.

A few students started to whisper as they watched the scene. Bella releases her hair. But she wasn't done yet. She pulls her hand back, about to slap the poor girl.

Ok, that's it!

I shoved my chair back and stood up. Grabbing her wrist right before her hand made contact with the girl's face. The class gasped, then became dead silent. Bella was shocked for a second, but she quickly recovers and tries to slap me with her other hand. With lightning reflexes, I grab her other wrist from hitting me. 

The entire class gasps again.

"Let...go...of...me...new girl!" Bella said through gritted teeth. Her blue cat-like eyes narrowed.

But I didn't let go. Instead I tightened my grip, causing her to whimper in pain. I yanked her closer until our face were only a few inches away. Her once angry eyes now filled with fear. "I don't care if I'm the new girl." I half whispered. "And I don't care who you are, but you leave her alone." I look beside me at the bullied girl, now staring up at me in awe.

"Let go!" She yanks her body back with all her strength, breaking away from me. She nearly fell backwards, while I stood in my spot, not moving a muscle. "SCREW YOU!" She screamed and started walking away.