Chapter One- Blind Devotion

Davina Nix has always lived on the North Side of town, she was the perfect girl next door, she did what she was told and she didn't stray from it, not that she had much of a choice anyways. Her dad died when she was a newborn and her mother and step father are abusive drunks but they hides it well, her mother is the queen of perfection oddly enough and if Davina strayed just a little too far from perfect her mother would go insane. So instead she followed every step, every rule, and every direction blindly without question, but was that all about to change?

"Davina!" she heard her mother shout from below as she rolled her eyes.
"Yes, mom?" She shouted back down only to be met with silence, so she finished grabbing her things and then walked out the door to her room and descended the steps.
"I have an emergency so I cannot drop you off at work today, are you okay to walk?" Her mother said not really caring what the answer was. Davina just shrugged and started to walk out the door.

"Hey D," she was met by a boy with a crown beanie on his head and his arm around her shoulder.
"Hey Jughead!" She smiled kissing his cheek "Haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?"
"You know same old same old. Trying to convince my dad to be a dad and not a drunk." He shrugged "You?"
"You know same old same old. Trying to convince my mom to be a mom and not a drunk who pretends she's perfect." They both laughed as they continued walking to school.

Davina was already not looking forward to her shift at work since she wouldn't be getting off until really late. School was the same as usual she sat there listened, learned, participated, and completed. By the time lunch came around she was the first at the table, followed by Archie Andrews who say beside her, Jughead Jones who sat on the other side of her, Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller, and Betty Cooper who sat on the other side of the bench. She zoned out of their conversation only to be met with an elbow in her side.

"D, are you going to the last showing at the drive in tomorrow?" Kevin asked.
"Hmm? I'm not sure, depends on what mood the devil is in." She shrugged before returning to staring aimlessly at her food.
"Are you okay?" Jughead asked.
"Yeah, I'm just thinking about...life is all." They all laughed before heading back to class.

Her work day actually went by pretty fast and her serpent customers were actually the most behaved of the night. She finished her shift and then changed in the bathroom before escaping out the back door. She was wearing a short tan skirt, a pink long sleeve crop top, and ankle high boots. She started to walk only to hear footsteps following behind her, she noticed one of the younger drunken customers following behind her so she quickened her pace, not enough to make him notice but enough to put distance between them. She turned to see he was gone and she thought she was fine before she turned and smacked face first into the man who gripped onto her arms.

"hey baby, where you going? I just wanted to have some fun with you." he said tightening his grip as she tried to free herself.
"No thanks, jackass." She said before kneeing him in his crotch and taking off.
"You'll regret that!" he shouted following behind her. She quickly turned the corner before landing herself yet again into something hard this time she fell backwards as she felt hands grip onto her.

"I'm sorry!" She said quickly as she balanced herself and when she looked up she saw it was a serpent she ran into "Shit, I'm really sorry." She said slowly backing up.
"You North Siders never watch where you're going." He growled quietly.
"Yeah, I uh...sorry," she said again before looking back and starting to walk again.
"Whoa whoa whoa," she stopped when she heard him speak again but this time it wasn't to her "are you why she's blindly running? how about you turn and go home and leave the lady alone." the guy said harshly.
"Nah, I'm here for a good time, and she looks like a good time." The drunk then stepped closer reaching out to grab her but before he could the other guy knocked him on his ass and turned back to look at her.
"You didn't have to do that," she said looking at the ground "I don't like owing people, especially not a Serpent."
"Something wrong with us, Northsider?" He said getting close to her.
"No," she said softly "Not at all." This confused the man a bit and he just looked at her "I just know you guys mean business and I'm not here to get in the way of that."