Fifty-Seven

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Jack

Yesterday we had a big setback. 

The DA was able to exclude Police Chief Taylor from our witness list. Since then, rolling on waves of anxiety. Trying to smooth out.

Try to get back on top.

Ceci

You will get a handle on this.

Was Chief Taylor your expert?

Jack

Our expert on police brutality.

Gone.

Stricken by the DA.

But we shall overcome.

Ceci

There is no reason for taxpayers to imprison a man for being confused and getting out of his car. At that point, he's thinking they're all on the same team. 

Prison for being confused as to why he was being treated like a criminal? 

It makes me sick, honestly.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Ceci

Thanks for answering my nagging questions today.

I have another question. Did the police collect Gary's ID and did they do a check on him prior to him getting out of his car?

Jack

No.

Do you have a theory?

Ceci

Just wondered if they had collected his ID and knew anything about him. Wondered if he was perceived as a threat at any point. I don't know what I'm thinking...

Jack

Hmmmmm...

Police did not collect his ID before the take-down. 

Gary has no criminal history. 

No prior arrests.

No weapons.

Not even rude.

He was polite the whole time.

Friday, December 2, 2016

Jack

Stunning bad day. 

DAs office has been looking for something to derail our path to a jury trial. They found a guy with a prior theft conviction who was a former housemate of Gary. More than a year ago this housemate made an un-filed complaint. There was a suspicion that the housemate was pilfering stuff from Gary's room. According to the roommate, Gary said, "If I find you in my room again, I'm going to break your nose." Police took no action. Police did not even bother to contact Gary about the accusation.

In these last few days before trial, police re-interviewed the housemate. He told them that he now believes Gary may have taken spare change (nickels, dimes, and quarters) from the housemates plastic change bucket. They haven't lived together for more than a year. The housemate believes this may have happened more than two years ago. 

The DA's know that I represent Gary. They have my phone number and email. But last night, we got a call from one of Gary's neighbors that there were 4 cops at Gary's house waiting to arrest him for "felony burglary" based on the allegation he took coins from a plastic change bucket. No lie. We are four days from trial. Working around-the-clock, and four cops are waiting in the dark to ambush Gary again, at his home, and take him to jail on a two-year-old allegation of missing pocket change. 

This is the work of the Boulder Deputy District Attorney.

We avoided the surprise arrest and took Gary directly to jail last night so he could safely surrender. He's still in jail this morning, waiting to be bonded out on the new change-bucket felony.

Ceci

Omg... no

Jack

There is a reason we put more citizens in jail than any other country on earth, and it has nothing to do with justice. 

So, no sleep last night. Exhausted. DAs are doing this to force Gary to submit and plead guilty to something. 

He is not bending. We are not bending. We are going to a jury Monday no matter what they do.

But so tired, tired in the skin, tired just breathing. But no way do we stop. 

Fuck them.

Ceci

Speechless over here.

Jack

Gary has to post $20,000 bail to be released. The average citizen doesn't have that cash, so they would have to sit in jail, unable to prepare for trial on Monday. It would be a fatal strike. But by sheer providence, Dianne has collected the funds to bond him out. We'll end up losing a day, a night of sleep, and wear n tear, but otherwise still be able to pick a jury on Monday. 

If he is acquitted of the assault-on-police charges, we'll then deal with this bogus pocket-change case.

Smiles!

Jack

Sprung Gary from jail. Bonded him out. 

Having lunch. Lamb kabobs.

Ceci

We love you Gary!

Jack

Thanks. That gave him a big stupid grin.

Jack

No matter how intense, crazy, I always leave work at 5 on Friday.

Having a beer while they make Justin a Tomahawk, his favorite sub. 

Trial dress rehearsal Saturday and Sunday. Then Monday we go to war. 

See you on the other side, Ceci.

Crush the weak!

Ceci

Right on!!

[Twelve citizens tried and true. ⭐Vote⭐ for a jury trial, baby!]

Photo: Coins by Hans, 2010 (Pixabay # 232010).