Ten

Friday, April 15, 2016

Ceci

Good work!

Best not to leave that info hanging around all weekend.

Jack

Yeah, but do I have permission to buy some guns because I think the shoot-out scene is next.

Ceci

Scary.

Jack 

I just got off the phone with the DA and a detective. They are on it!

The DA even admitted some interest in dead girls.

And it's Friday! I get to have a beer tonight!!

Have a great weekend!

[Used with permission

[Used with permission. Upslope Craft Lager is a registered trademark of Upslope Brewery. Photo by authors, 2016.]

Ceci

You too, I'm going to a drag show with my pal Ryan Clark tonight. Woo hoo!! Wish me luck.

Jack

I want front row live feed!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Jack

Flash: Darren just charged Mary with assault. 

Appears their love has gone dry.

PS: I still think we should have you shot in the head. Not the face, no, don't mess up the face. Like maybe the back of head. 

Then you're in a coma, see. And you have a dream sequence with the victims.

Like a psychedelic goth link where everyone is sad, but the tunes are cool.

Hey Ceci, what if our book IS our texts? These texts. Then we don't have to write out a whole book. All glory, no work!

Ceci

Hello, I'm at video shoot.

But I do not want to get shot.

FYI.

Jack

Naturally, you would have a complete recovery. Maybe just a cowlick over the entry wound.

Cool on the video shoot. I'll leave you alone.

Read later:

Ceci, as I'm sitting here eating pho, it all came to me in a vision....

We live real lives, fast and slow, smart and stupid. And so like real people, we have no time to record it, much less write a book. 

But what if we write a different kind of book? A true story written as it happens in the electronic style of the age. A book of our live texts, documented with hyperlinks, photos, whatever. You would continue to be yourself, the voice of reason, the voice of the reader. I continue to fumble forward, provide updates, and say stupid shit. 

We begin it here. Set the texts in a single electronic document. Hand the whole thing, even this exchange, over to an editor, collect rejection letters, collect more rejection letters, and then more rejection letters, till some fool makes the mistake of publishing it, and we retire as billionaires. (Incidentally, I still think it would be more dramatic if you got shot in the head).

Why might this work? First, we capitalize on the eternal sick desire the public has for voyeurism, crime, and homicide. And second, it's a real case, with real victims, criminals, good guys, and idiots. What do you think?

Ceci

1. I can't think about getting shot in the head cause I'm just getting over seeing that guy's head blown off. And you helped me get through that, goofus!

2. I don't want to get involved with any motorcycle gangs. My father disapproved of them.👌🏼?

Jack

1. Oh god, I am a fool. I'm so sorry if I did anything to worsen that memory. I apologize. 

If anyone gets shot, it will be me. But better, with the scheme I'm proposing, no one needs to be shot, we just continue to exchange the story, adding whatever side chatter. It's either a readable account of true crime or not. In fact, probably best to continue as we always have and let the facts unfold as they will. No work at all really. 

Simple.

2. Yes. Agreed. Ceci has no contact with outlaw motorcycle gangs

Ceci

Everything else is good. If it doesn't fly as a text detective story, at least we'll have the bones for something else.

Jack

Cool.

Here is a picture of Carmen Solaria. After Bobby Jasper was taken away by the FBI, Carmen took over the prostitution ring. 

Joe told the detectives Carmen is a whore and his off-and-on girlfriend.

[Photo of Carmen posing in red lingerie-- REDACTED].

Carmen is still sleeping with Joe and working for the Blue Steel Kings.

[Vote⭐ for the oldest profession!]

Photo 1: Children writing and drawing by Aks_phOtOs, 2015 (Pixabay).