Twenty-One

Monday, May 2, 2016

Jack

Morning, Ceci!

I'm at Court on a sex assault case filed against a young man with severe autism. Police posing online as a 14-year-old girl, talked him into meeting "her" for sex. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm actually early for Court. Decide to grab some breakfast, but I don't remember if this Courthouse has a cafeteria. I'm following the signs and as I'm walking in, it's all flooding back. Cleo and I lived down here for a month defending a kid charged in a gang killing. Grizzly case with a sad ending.

Breakfast burrito and glamorous Court cafe:

Buried Prostitutes: 

Last Saturday, I finished work at the office. It seemed like a good time to try and corroborate more of Joe's story about Greg Johannsson running drugs and girls out of a liquor store. And maybe a good day to sniff around the Lonesome Pup Kennel.

I'm driving for the liquor store.

It's just East of this musical landmark.

The store is a low rent hole built into the south face of a river gulch

The store is a low rent hole built into the south face of a river gulch. Greg Johannsson is not here. The place is being run by an old man. Nothing visible to indicate drugs or prostitution. I don't want to tip anyone off, so I don't ask about Johannsson.

[Photo: Liquor Store --REDACTED]

Jack

Five miles West, is Evergreen Colorado, an upscale town for the 1% who prefer to live in the mountains west of Denver.

And the home of Lonesome Pup Kennel.

Lonesome Pup Kennel (LPK) is reputed to be run by "Bunny".   According to Joe, it's a base for sex, drugs, and a scam sanctuary for parolees. The LPK website is unremarkable, with one exception: There isn't a single reference to, or picture of any person. No names, no faces, no owner, no employees, no humans, nothing.

LPK advertises as a kennel, open from 6am to 6pm, but repeatedly warns customers, "Call us and let us know when you're coming". I don't want to call ahead. I want to show up and see the place, and it's employees and customers transacting business in their natural state.