Thirteen

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Ceci

Holy Hollywood box office smash! 

Talk about keeping your cards close to your chest. 

I give motorcycle gangs credit for keeping all this business. 

They're smart. Supply and demand. 

I'm sorry. Should I not be giving them props?

Hey lumberJack!!!

Jack

It's diabolical, but entirely logical.

Ceci

Stealth, it's old school, like analog. 

You have got to watch yourself. 

Be careful. You are kicking a hornet's nest. 

But seriously, I see Liam Neesom in the role of the higher up boss.

Jack

"The Mob uses violence to protect the flow of money.  Motorcycle gangs embrace violence as a lifestyle and the money is gravy."

-Some FBI Agent whose name I forgot

Ceci

Movie: A guy with a past. 

I see flashbacks, and long stares.

Jack

It's hard to know how much is real, how much is sensationalism, and how much is just a scary story to frighten outsiders.

Wait, you've got the casting figured?!

Who plays you?

Who plays me?

Ceci

All brilliant. 

We might end up on the cutting room floor. Unless we turn this into a series.

Jack

Right. But our relationship is the magnet. What exists beyond us is arid.

Still not hearing who plays you.

?

Ceci

I don't know. 

Thinking we need to cast ourselves with young super good looking stars.

Jack

Perhaps. 

But if they cast more seasoned actors, they should have a long history together on screen.

Ceci

So that people ask, how can they be so good looking. . .and still so smart? Lol

Jack

Do you feel it? 

There is something entrancing about domestic routines, feeding kids, driving to work, and being pulled into the criminal underworld.

Ceci

And that is the theme that repeats in the origins of motorcycle clubs and is the attraction of Brando in The Wild Ones.

Jack

We get the best of both worlds. Endless opportunities to insert gratuitous scenes of sex, drugs, and violence, with male and female hotties, contrasted with us, voyeurs, paying bills and shopping for dinner at the supermarket.

Doing the laundry.

And Ceci, there is something captivating about us.

Ceci

Oh... I see what you're thinking.

Jack

Yeah.

Ceci

I see our roles as who we are, just younger, super good looking versions! 

See, you ARE talking HBO series.

There's room for character development.

Jack

Well super good looking either way, just for the sake of accuracy.

Ceci

No doubt. 

Charlie and I just went out for dinner, it was great. Our conversation was just enough that he didn't think I was being too "Whatever, Mom." 

He actually talked to me.

Jack

I saw a picture of you posted recently:  Tired, back against the kitchen sink, hands on your head, just coping, all while your little one is clinging to your apron. 

Your kitchen, even your folded dish rag, is perfect.

Ceci

Ha, thanks!

Jack

Anyway, on that contrast thing look how it worked for Breaking Bad -- Crime versus Home Life.

Ceci

Out driving with Charlie. He's driving. 

I'm trying not to overreact.

Jack

He has a Permit!

And for contrast, what about the relationships? 

You and me: No physical contact, not even the spoken word, just text over wires. But a shared affection.

Versus

Joe's house: Immediate sexual contact. No love. Just violence and addiction.

And who's better than Costco?

Ceci

I give up?

Jack

Lamb chops, $4.99 per pound!

[Vote⭐ for cheap meat!]