Chapter 29 : Absence makes the heart grow fonder, or rather the opposite. (PT 2)

"We need to talk"

I felt my body tense up before slowly turning to look at Hwoarang, he neither sounded or looked angry and instead seemed sincere. Knowing now that reality had arrived and I was too scared to face it.

"And we're talking somewhere private where you can't run away and we can't be interrupted" he spoke, and I knew that I had to follow him.

I had to speak to Hwoarang.

******

We had been walking for a couple of minutes, silence surrounding us as we did so and I wanted to go back into my own corner where I felt safe from the world. What felt like hours passed by and we ended up on the roof of the school. I sat on one side of the closed roof door and Hwoarang sat on the other side, there was a short silence before he spoke up.

"Why have you been so distant"

I was silent for a moment before quietly responding, my voice getting stuck in my throat as I tried to speak.

"You weren't here"

"But that's no reason for you to suddenly become so bitter towards me."

"But-"

"Couldn't you at least wait till I got back"

"I-"

"And then you suddenly become 'best friends' with this stranger that happens to live nearby. Is that what you do. When one person isn't there you just move on to the next person"

My chest became tighter as it became harder to breathe and my hands started to shake.

Where is all this coming from

"Stop it..." I breathed out, he became quiet and I composed myself before speaking.

"You weren't here. Where did you go"

It was quiet for a moment before he spoke, sounding surprised.

"You didn't know?" He asked and I shook my head before realising he couldn't see me.

"No, where were you" I responded, waiting for his answer, I heard a faint sigh before he answered.

"I was in the hospital, I bumped into that gang that was messing with you before and it didn't go so well"

He was in the hospital? He was hurt?

"I... I didn't know"

"You could've asked someone"

"...I know"

Silence arrived once again and we sat there, back to back with the door between us, and whilst I couldn't leave I knew he wouldn't leave.

"So why didn't you ask someone?" I heard him ask and I sighed, hugging my legs to my chest as the memory of that frightful moments where my life fell apart resurfaced in my mind. I realised I hadn't said anything for a while after his question and quickly spoke up.

"Something bad happened and I... my mind was overtaken by it"

A couple of moments after I spoke I felt the door slightly open and I moved forward to let him onto the roof, he walked through the door and closed it before sitting against it. I sat opposite him and he looked straight into my eyes.

"What happened"

I took a deep breath in before speaking, trying not to show the hurt that was slowly creeping back through my skin, trapping my heart and mind.

"On our- my... birthday, Naoko and I went out for the day. We had a great time but when we got back to the apartment he-" I looked down as my breath hitched and I felt my heart beating faster against my chest. I stood up and took a step backwards, trying to calm down.

"Miyuki?" Hwoarang slowly interrupted and I looked up at him, unable to hold back my tears.

"He fell to the ground, right in front of me. I couldn't do anything. He died, Hwoarang, he died right in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything."

In an instant he stood up and pulled me into a hug, I managed to push him away slightly but he hugged me tighter.

"And I tried to call you. I called you so many times and you wouldn't answer. I needed you with me but you disappeared. I started to lose myself and became the version of myself when I had transferred here. My phobia came back and my trust was lost" I spoke as I weeped.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here, but I'm here for you now so you don't have to be afraid, and this time I won't leavr you" he spoke softly and I breathed in deeply, loosely wrapping my arms around him. One thought running through my mind giving me hope.

Things will get better

Me: well I would argue but that would be spoiling some good quality ideas so I will agree with you there Miyuki.

Anyway humans I have put my evil ways aside for a brief moment and have given you a good chapter for once!!!

Also in English Literature I've been looking at Freytag's Pyramid and whilst his looks like this:

The pyramid of this story seems to look more like this:

Just add a Denouement to the end of each falling action.

Anyway I guess I shall see you all soon