Come Into My Parlor

Start from the beginning

"The scent of the wind has changed," Sesshoumaru said.

"Se... Sesshoumaru-samaaaa!" Jaken yelled, staggering as he ran towards them. "Rin has... been taken away!"

"What!?" Katsumi yelled, fearing for Rin's life.

"That woman called Kagura, who's an offspring of Naraku, suddenly appeared and..." Jaken said, trailing off under Katsumi's withering glare. She sighed wearily. She never should have left Rin alone.

"..." Sesshoumaru stood silent. He had been too careless.

"What direction did she go in? Maybe we can pick up her scent?" Katsumi asked, glancing hopefully at Sesshoumaru.

"Do not worry, Sesshoumaru-sama," they heard Naraku say.

"!" Jaken said in surprise.

'When did he...!?' Katsumi thought. Naraku faded into view, wearing his baboon hide.

"Oh? I see you have another new companion, Sesshoumaru-sama. Did you betray Inuyasha, Katsumi?" Naraku said mockingly. Katsumi glared at Naraku.

"Were you dropped on the head as a child? I mean a baboon, really?" Katsumi retorted. Naraku chuckled darkly.

"If you would satisfy my request... the girl, Rin, will be safely returned," Naraku said.

"Y-You, Naraku...!" Jaken said indignantly. 'How dare he...!' Jaken thought.

"Naraku... huh," Sesshoumaru said. "What are you planning this time?"

"It's nothing special," Naraku said. "Just killing Inuyasha would be fine."

"You—!" Katsumi yelled incredulously.

"Hmph, just for that, you went to all that trouble..." Sesshoumaru said, smirking. Katsumi glanced at Sesshoumaru. Anyone who knew him well could tell he was pissed. Sesshoumaru struck Naraku, slicing his head off with his claws. The baboon head turned into dirt when it hit the ground, and the rest of 'Naraku's' body crumbled and turned to dirt as well. A small wooden figurine, that had a piece of hair wrapped around it, was sticking out of the pile of dirt.

"What is that?" Katsumi asked. "It almost looks like a voodoo doll..."

"Th-This is... kutsugu..." Jaken said. "I don't know what a 'voodoo doll' is, but this is a type of demon puppet."

"Hn. He thought that I, Sesshoumaru, for the sake of only a single human girl, would do exactly as he said, huh," Sesshoumaru said.

"Then, Sesshoumaru-sama, you're abandoning Rin...?" Jaken asked. Though he would never admit it, the child had grown on him... like a cancer.

"Eh! No, way...!?" Katsumi cried in disbelief. She knew Sesshoumaru wouldn't let Naraku get away with insulting his honor as a daiyoukai like that, but she had hoped Rin would be somewhere on his list of priorities. Sesshoumaru just turned and started walking in the direction he smelled Naraku's scent coming from.

"Er, Sesshoumaru-samaa! Where are you going!?" Jaken asked nervously. Katsumi decided to follow Sesshoumaru. Even if he wasn't going for Rin's sake, she knew he was still going to Naraku. She wanted to know where Rin was, so who better to ask than the creep that had her abducted in the first place? The saimyosho watched from a distance as the three of them left.

Naraku watched through Kanna's mirror as Sesshoumaru, Katsumi, and Jaken made their way to his castle.

'Heh... You're falling right into my plan, Sesshoumaru...' Naraku thought smugly. To be honest, he hadn't expected the female youkai that Kagura had described to him to be Katsumi, since the last time he saw her, she looked like a hanyou, but it was interesting to see that she had somehow managed to gain the appearance of a full-blooded youkai. She had seemed a little stronger too. It could be something worth looking into.