The Wolf From Hell

"There's no doubt about it now," Kaede said as she, Miroku, and Inuyasha made their way back to the village. "Onigumo's evil heart was connected to a youkai... Naraku... and so, to get his hands on the Shikon-no-tama, Kikyo-onee-sama was killed in the end." They all heard rustling. "Hn?"

"That is..." Miroku said.

"INUYASHA!" Shippo cried frantically as he ran to them.

"Shippo!" Inuyasha said in surprise.

"Come quick! Katsumi's stuck fighting a big youkai and a bunch of wolves all by herself! She told me to get help!" Shippo cried.

"What!?" Inuyasha yelled. 'I leave them alone for a few minutes and all hell breaks loose!' he thought.

"Ah! Inuyasha!" Shippo yelped when some wolves suddenly appeared and tried to pounce on him.

"Ugh. Sankon-tessou!" Inuyasha yelled as he slashed the wolves with his claws and grabbed Shippo. "Uh!" Inuyasha groaned in pain as he fell to his knees.

"Inuyasha... there's blood..." Shippo cried when he saw Inuyasha's blood seeping through his kimono.

"Ugh," Inuyasha groaned. 'Dammit... the stomach wound opened up again... and where the hell is Katsumi? She wouldn't have let them catch up to Shippo like that...'

"Hey, asshole! You're Inuyasha, right?" a huge, big-eyed furry youkai growled.

"Wha... Who are you, bastard!? Where's Katsumi?" Inuyasha yelled.

"Katsumi?" the youkai growled. "... You mean this bitch?" The youkai tossed Katsumi's limp and bloody body to the ground in front of Inuyasha. "As for me, I'm the Wolf of Hell, Rouyakan! Here comes the final blow!" The youkai roared as it opened its mouth and more wolves came pouring out from it.

"Final blow, huh!?" Inuyasha growled.

'He knew that Inuyasha was wounded!?' Miroku thought. "Inuyasha, take Katsumi-san and get back!" Miroku yelled as he dashed forward and opened his wind tunnel, sucking in all the wolves.

"Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha—!? I'm being sucked in!?" Rouyakan cried. Miroku quickly sealed off his wind tunnel, stopping short just before he sucked in Rouyakan. Katsumi stirred and opened her eyes, blinking.

"Ugh... What happened?" she groaned.

"Who sent you!?" Miroku demanded. "If you speak honestly, then fine... If you do not, you will face your punishment here."

"W-We'll see about that!" Rouyakan growled nervously. More wolves pounced out of nowhere.

"Damn, this again, huh?" Inuyasha growled as he killed some of the wolves by slashing them with his claws.

"There's no end to these freakin' things!" Katsumi growled in pain and frustration as she rolled her aching body over and kicked a wolf away from Shippo. She staggered to her feet and slashed the rest of them with her claws.

"Ah...!?" Miroku yelled. "He ran away..." In the confusion, Rouyakan had managed to slip away unnoticed.

"An agent of Naraku...?" Kaede asked.

"It must be, any way you look at it..." Miroku said.

"I have a really bad feeling," Katsumi said, wincing and coughing up blood.

"Don't try to talk, Katsumi!" Shippo said. He was worried it put too much strain on her body. She shouldn't even be moving. Katsumi was covered in bites and scratches. It had taken Shippo a while to find Inuyasha, and she had been fighting alone the whole time.

"Keh. I don't wanna hear that from someone who's half-dead," Inuyasha told her. He wouldn't admit it, but he was worried too. They all knew she couldn't fight as well barehanded, and she had broken her sword trying to save him.