Shishinki

"Haah..." Jaken sighed. They were walking with Sesshoumaru in the lead, followed by Katsumi, with Jaken holding Ah-Un's reins while Rin rode on his back and Kohaku walked beside her.

"What's the matter, Jaken-sama?" Rin asked.

"You don't feel anything?" Jaken said. 'With just one incident in hell, the meidou widened, but it wasn't a perfect circle. And Sesshoumaru-sama's heart hasn't lightened, either... more like he's electrically charged... It's scary...' They could see a young boy standing up ahead. He didn't have eyes. He stared at them with empty sockets. Sesshoumaru stopped.

"Sesshoumaru-sama. Would you like to learn the secret of what Tenseiga is lacking?" the boy asked.

"Wha?!" Jaken said.

"The secret of what Tenseiga lacks... you say?" Sesshoumaru said.

"Doesn't it bother you?" the boy asked. "Tenseiga's meidou can't have formed a circle yet."

"Hey, who are you!? Why do you know such a thing!?" Jaken asked.

"Silence, Jaken," Sesshoumaru said.

"I didn't say anything," Jaken said.

"Why do you always tell that lie?" Rin asked. The no-eyed boy turned away from them.

"If you wish to know, then follow after me," he said and started walking.

"Sesshoumaru-sama..." Jaken said.

"What do you want to do?" Katsumi asked. Sesshoumaru started following the boy.

The boy led them over a natural archway of stone as if it were a bridge.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, do you know that strange child?" Jaken asked.

"I don't," Sesshoumaru said.

"Umm, so couldn't this be a trap?" Jaken asked. "They could be luring you out with Tenseiga's secret in order to kill you... or something."

"Seems likely," Katsumi agreed.

"In that case... I'll just slice them apart," Sesshoumaru said.

"Ah..." Kohaku said.

"Hm?" Jaken said. He followed Kohaku's gaze back to the front. "The child disappeared...!?"

"Oh, yeah. It's definitely a trap," Katsumi said.

"!" Sesshoumaru said when he sensed trouble.

"Incoming!" Katsumi said, Kohaku hopped onto Ah-Un with Rin, and they all dodged the swift attack of purple energy that destroyed the arch. Except for Jaken, who fell. Katsumi was going to get him, but Kohaku threw the chain on his scythe, and it wrapped around Jaken, saving her the trouble. Sesshoumaru could smell the enemy. He looked around for them and saw two silhouettes standing at the top of the cliff before them.

'Above me?' he thought. 'Meidou Zangetsuha!' He slashed his sword and a huge meidou appeared in the cliffside and took a chunk out of it. The meidou cut all the way through the cliff, but the cliff didn't collapse.

"Th... That's why I said it was a trap!" Jaken said.

"Jaken-sama, are you okay!?" Rin asked.

"Did you aim below me on purpose?" the taller silhouette asked. Looking closer, Sesshoumaru could see that the speaker was a youkai who appeared to be about his age and wore a mask over half his face. He also held a staff with a moon-shaped blade on one end and a circle with a moon in it on the other. The other silhouette was the boy who had guided them there. "Since the enemy has come this far... I suppose you want to know the secret of Tenseiga. Sesshoumaru..." Sesshoumaru sheathed Tenseiga.