Magatsuhi's Main Body

"Sesshoumaru! You idiot... Get back here!" Inuyasha shouted. Sesshoumaru ignored him and flew toward Magatsuhi.

"You fool... I'll devour you," Magatsuhi said.

'I can smell it!' Sesshoumaru thought with his brow furrowed. 'Magatsuhi's main body that's manipulating those scattered pieces of his body... It's slightly different from Naraku's, the scent of an evil spirit...' Sesshoumaru drew Tenseiga.

"!?" Magatsuhi said.

"Hew drew Tenseiga!?" Miroku said.

"B-But why, Sesshoumaru-sama?" Jaken asked. "Tenseiga is a healing sword that cannot fight...!"

"No, it's there! Something that Tenseiga can cut!" Inuyasha said.

"We are dealing with a 'spirit', after all..." Katsumi said, feeling light-headed. Sesshoumaru swung Tenseiga, slicing through the source of the smell he sought.

"Ah!" Sango said. When a giant, ghostly face appeared. One side of its face had been wounded.

"Curse you...!" Magatsuhi told Sesshoumaru.

"That's...!" Jaken said.

"Could it be... Magatsuhi's main body!?" Sango asked.

"That's it!" Miroku said. "Magatsuhi is the spirit of the youkai sealed within the shikon no tama... He's not a being of this world!"

'I could've sworn I said something similar a moment ago...' Katsumi thought.

"Damn you..." Magatsuhi said. His physical face now had a cut over its left side as well. Sesshoumaru moved to attack again, but Magatsuhi quickly gathered body parts to block him. Sesshoumaru tried to cut them with Tenseiga, but couldn't.

"What is that sword?" Magatsuhi asked. "It can cut spirits, but beings of this world... like Naraku's body are impervious?" Magatsuhi impaled Sesshoumaru through the chest with two of his tentacles. Everyone was shocked.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!!" Rin and Jaken cried.

"Sesshoumaru!!" Katsumi said weakly, clenching her fists.

"Kukuku... I'll say it again..." Magatsuhi said. "You're weak." In the next instant, Sesshoumaru was surrounded by tentacles and completely encased.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!" Rin and Jaken yelled.

"!" Katsumi gasped.

"Kirara!" Inuyasha said. He hopped onto her back and they flew toward Magatsuhi. "You bastard, how dare you...!" Inuyasha sliced Magatsuhi's physical head in two, then he tried to cut through the tentacles around Sesshoumaru. "Dammit! Dammit! Sesshoumaru, you bastard... I'm not gonna let you die like this!"

"Inuyasha..." Miroku said.

"Sesshoumaru-sama... knew he might lose, but chose to die fighting," Jaken said with tears in his eyes.

"Jaken-sama..." Rin said with tears in her eyes.

'So you're saying you'd rather die than get saved by someone like me who took Maidou Zangetsuha...?' Inuyasha thought, gritting his teeth. 'You idiot!'

"He's not dead!" Katsumi said. "He's not dead, so keep trying, Inuyasha! Please!"

"!" Inuyasha said.

"Katsumi-san..." Miroku said.

"!" Inuyasha said when some of the tentacles moved to grab him next.

"Oh no!" Miroku said.

"Inuyasha's gonna get caught, too!" Shippo said.

"Gah!" Inuyasha said, cutting the tentacles before they could trap him.