Kagura's Wind

"Achoo!" Jaken sneezed, almost dropping the youki crystal. He fell over trying to catch it.

"Jaken-sama, are you sick?" Rin asked.

"No. Perhaps someone is bad mouthing me?" he said, glancing at Katsumi.

"I'd have said it right to your face if it were me," Katsumi said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Jaken," Sesshoumaru said.

"Huh?" Jaken said.

"Has there been any change in the crystal?" Sesshoumaru asked.

"I can still sense youki from it, which means that we aren't near the fuyouheki that Naraku uses to conceal his heart," Jaken said, closing his eyes and crossing his arms. "Now then, where might it be?"

"Jaken-sama~! Jaken-sama~!" Rin sang as she rode away on Ah-Un with Katsumi walking beside her while they followed Sesshoumaru, who was walking away without bothering to check if Jaken was following.

"Ah! Sesshoumaru-sama, wai—" Jaken cried when he realized he was being left behind, falling flat on his face. He quickly picked himself up and scrambled after them.

Inuyasha, Kagome, Shippo, Sango, and Miroku all watched with wide eyes as Goryoumaru transformed into the youkai Hakudoshi had created. Inuyasha furrowed his brow and gritted his teeth as he glared up at it from where he was lying on the ground, human and bleeding.

"Kukuku... Do you remember me...?" it asked.

"Houshi-sama, he's..." Sango said.

"Mouryoumaru!" Miroku finished.

'The youkai Hakudoushi created by stitching together bits of youkais,' Kagome thought. A bead of sweat slid down her face. 'But.. he's completely different to when we first met. Back then, it was like... he was a doll with no soul.'

"Mouryoumaru... you were moving before with the haku's power, I'm sure," Miroku said. "However, the way you are now... it's like you have a soul in you."

"Kukuku..." Mouryoumaru laughed. "Already, this body is moving how I want... and now..." Kagome saw the shikon shard he took from them shine in Mouryoumaru's shoulder.

"Ah...!" she gasped. "He's absorbing the shikon shard."

"!" Kagura said as he pulsed with power.

"Kukuku... I need more power..." Mouryoumaru said.

'He's using the shikon fragments however he wants?' Kagura thought, furrowing her brow. 'He's a youkai that Hakudoshi originally created. In that borrowed form as Goryoumaru, Naraku locked him up...Hakudoshi acted to free him from the prison... Is Hakudoshi also planning to betray Naraku then?' A bead of sweat slid down her face. Mouryoumaru's body pulsed with power.

"Shippo-chan, take care of Inuyasha...!" Kagome said, grabbing her bow and arrow.

"Kagome...!" Shippo said.

"We have to defeat him before he takes in the fragment completely...!" Kagome said. She drew her arrow and aimed it Mouryoumaru.

"Kagome-chan...!" Sango said anxiously when Mouryoumaru set his sights on her.

"Heh," Mouryoumaru said with a smirk. He reached his arm out to smash Kagome.

'Hit him!' she thought, letting her arrow fly.

"Watch out!" Sango yelled, tackling Kagome out of the way as Mouryoumaru's arm came crashing down on the spot she had been standing. The arrow flew past Mouryoumaru's head.