Chapter 4: Danger

Monday, March 6th. 9 AM. 3°C

Mi's POV

"Don't you think that you're trying to do too much in a day?" Amelia asked me. 

We were sitting down, having a nice breakfast. Amelia was my roommate in Seoul and often cooked for the both of us. She came from the US to study. We had been living together for almost a year and we were already best friends. 

"I feel like there are not enough hours in a day." I offered. 

"You're exhausting yourself and for what? You should focus on what is more important to you: school and family." She said. 

Amelia often acted as my mom. She was practically apart of my family. We knew each other very well. She would often come with me when I went back home to visit my family. My parents loved her and my brothers too.

"You haven't visited your family in two weeks, that's very unlike you," she said. 

She was right. I went almost every week back home for the weekend, maybe I had skipped once or twice because of school work but I would always go back the next week. Rarely had I ever not been home for more than two weeks in a row. 

"I'm busy, I have so many new exciting things on my plate. My family understands that I have to stay here." I said.

Amelia's family was all the way in the US and she would go back for the summer every once in a while, but she saw them rarely. She had been studying in Korea for almost 4 years now.

"You're staying here because you like a guy," she said. 

"He's a friend! I'm staying here because I have a new exciting job as a second choreographer. And a lot of schoolwork, I guess?" I offered. She laughed. 

"I hope this guy doesn't break your heart." she said, "he seems like the heartbreaker type." 

"Because he's famous? That has to be a stereotype," I laughed "Again, he's a friend" 

"You can say your 'he's a friend' to your others friends but you can't-fool me, Mi, I know you too well." And she did know me well. 

"So, plans for today?" I asked her. 

"Class, studying, probably going to hang out with Heon later, I think I've finally found someone that I like, how about you? Are you sleeping over at your boyfriend's again?" she asked. 

"HE'S A FRIEND," I said exasperatedly "And that happened once and I told you that it was late! I have class later and I have to go to work after, and BTS's choreographer wants to meet with me which means I'm probably going to be late so don't make supper for me" 

"So, another day where you come home late and I eat by myself. You're ruining your sleep schedule, you're exhausting yourself!" Amelia said, worried. 

I rolled my eyes and got up. "Well, I don't want to be late to class, I'll see you later" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin [5:03]: I heard you were going to be there for our practice today! I can't believe you actually got the job of the second choreographer! I knew you would get it you are great, totally deserved! :)

TaeTae [5:35]: So you're coming later? I don't know if I told you but I've been doing your recipe and the guys actually think I cook well for once xD 

I smiled as I checked my text messages after work. I answered Jimin then Tae. 

Me [5:45]: Thank you so much! It is all thanks to you, I really appreciate it. I'm on my way there now, see you :)