Chapter 3: Blanket Kick/Embarrassed

Friday, February 3rd. 10 PM. -5°C

Tae's POV

I woke up with my back really sore. Mi Sun and I ended up going to sleep around 1:30 because we had to shower and we couldn't stop laughing at random things. I ended up giving her some of my clothes for her to sleep on (and she looked so adorable, I love when a girl wears oversized clothes). 

It was the first time that I ever felt such a strong connection with a girl. She seemed so perfectly made for me. As if I had found a piece of a puzzle that I didn't know I needed, that I wasn't looking for just yet but it was just what I needed. 

I ended up waking up around 10 by the smell of food. The dining room was literally next to the couch so I just got up and sat down at the table with the others. Everyone was there except Jimin. 

"Your girl said she had to go, she left super early but she says thanks for everything. She left us with a really nice breakfast though. She said they're American pancakes with chocolate chips. I never knew we even had chocolate chips here" Yoongi said. He was always the bearer of news, along with Namjoon. He always had a way of knowing everything that went on. 

"Tae what the hell," Namjoon said as he took a bite of the pancakes. "Okay first you invite a girl to stay over without asking and I thought we had all agreed on no girls overnight, I don't care if she's cool and that you're not sleeping with her, if someone from the company had come they would never take us seriously again. You want a girl to sleep in the same place as you, you get a hotel room. Second, WHY THE HELL DID SHE HAVE TO STAY IN OUR ROOM. Or mostly COULDN'T YOU HAVE TOLD ME OR SOMETHING. Like man, you know I don't sleep with a lot of clothes on and I see a girl in my room I thought I was dreaming" 

"You thought you were on one of your naughty dreams, right," Hoseok laughed. 

"Please, it was very awkward for both of us," Namjoon said blushing. "She almost saw my manhood." 

I couldn't help but laugh, Namjoon shot me a death glare. "We were at the studio and it got later than we expected and I didn't want to let her go out at midnight so I just told her to stay," I said. 

"Oh, what a gentleman our TaeTae is," Seokjin said with dramatic gestures "He even gave her his own bed." 

"We all know it's probably so he can get off by imagining her there," Jungkook chuckled, "Or because he actually thought she would let him join her". The boys laughed. 

"But really, she can't stay, we had all agreed. I have to say it is nice to wake up with freshly made pancakes, though, these are sweet." Namjoon said. 

Jimin, who had finally woken up, came to sit down across from me. 

"So, did you guys kiss yet?" Jungkook asked as the boys made smooching sounds, "or even better did you manage to get it on with her?"

The boys whistled, I laughed uncomfortably. 

"No, we're just friends guys," I said. 

"Did you at least get her number?" Hoseok asked. 

Crap. "I keep forgetting to ask her for it damn it," I said. 

"So literally the only way for her to communicate with you is by coming here?" Yoongi asked. "What a dumb ass how can you forget to ask a girl her number?" 

"Or it is actually genious. You make her interested enough so she keeps coming back," Jimin said as he chewed the pancakes. "I took her number, though. Man, these pancakes are delicious." 

The boys stayed silent. Yoongi laughed. "So, I think you have some competition Tae," Yoongi said. 

"Oh no, not competition at all. Don't get me wrong she's pretty, but I wouldn't go up against Tae" Jimin said, feeling genuinly bad. 

"I mean no, we're just friends," I said, trying to shrug it off. 

I was always rather reserved with who I was interested in and who I was seeing. The only person I had told about this crush was Namjoon, however I was sure that he had told everyone else. 

"It's fine man," I said, "just a friend." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long day of recording vocals and rehearsing dances, I was finally alone with Jimin. 

"So hey man," I said. I wasn't quite sure of what I wanted to say yet. A part of me was jealous that he had her number and that I had seen them laughing together. 

I guess I wanted to be certain that nothing was going on between them. I had always hated talking about these type of things to other people and didn't know how to start the conversation. 

"Hey buddy," he said, "I know what you're thinking because I know you too damn well. I'll tell you what happened yesterday." 

I simply nodded. 

"I was on my way to practice, you know I always practice at night before sleeping, and I saw her and wow she is a really good dancer. And you know me, I love to dance and so we talked a bit and she said she also did contemporary for a while before doing hip-hop. It was a nice conversation, you know, most people do simply hip-hop, it was nice she put on some slow music and we did some jetés" he said dreamily. 

I was staring right at him as he explained. He seemed as if he suddenly regained his composure. "Anyways, nothing happened. I approve, man," he said, "by the way, you might need this."

He handed me a piece of paper and left the room. 

He didn't even give me the time to answer and he just walked away to his room. I opened the paper and saw a number written. I knew it had to be hers. 

Me [10:54]: Hey, I have been a dumbass and kind of lost these last couple of days, but you know me I'm kind of a lost kid. 

Me [10:54]: I always forget to ask for your number and Jimin said he had it so hey it's Tae :) 

Me [10:55]: I hope you're not weirded out by the fact that I have your number and you never really gave it to me, anyways I hope to see you soon again! ^^

I was lowkey judging every single line of the message. "I hope it's not weird"? I was making it weird. 

Mi [11:00]: TAE! Of course no problem, I was wondering if there was another way to talk to each other besides me having to make the trip to your place LOL

Mi [11:00]: I think you've figured out a good alternative hehe. 

Mi [11:01]: I'm sorry that I had to leave so early and I couldn't say goodbye properly. Thanks again for everything! :)