Episode 82: Feelings Encased in Ice

Začať od začiatku

I stared at my fiancée and smiled. She was sleeping as soundly as a baby. "I understand, your highness. There really is no need to tell me to take care of her, I had planned to do so from the start."

"You're a good kid, Serrano," the king said as he kept his head low.

I gasped. It was unusual for him to compliment anyone, even me.

*Hyosetsu*

[Hours Later]

I opened my eyes and found myself inside a yellow tent. Seated next to me was the second princess, busily peeling away apples with a knife.

I tried to raise my upper body when a pain surged across my stomach. I laid my head back on my pillow and grimaced. Setsuko hit as hard as I remembered.

"Don't try to push yourself," Rosalba said as she put down the apple and knife in her hands on a white towel. "Your body might be healed but it has residual pain from the match. You likely won't be able to stand up for a good while."

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She looked down. "You don't want me to be here?"

"I would've thought that you would be watching over Setsuko or following that peasant lover of yours around."

Rosa's face reddened. "I would've, but Setsuko was injured."

"So, why aren't you with her now?"

"She's already up and about, well kind of. She's in a wheelchair, but she should be fine by tomorrow too. Serra is watching over her." She snickered. "I would've stayed back, but don't want to be a third wheel between them."

I sighed. "Always the romantic, aren't you?"

She grumbled. "And what's wrong with that?"

"Y-" I cut myself short. "I rather not waste more of my breath lecturing you. Though, it's nice to hear that Setsuko is fine." I snickered. "Despite winning, I suddenly feel as if I lost. Then again, she's always been one with a lot of energy. No matter how much she fell, she would always get up quickly."

I narrowed my eyes at the princess as she stared at me with wide eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She averted her gaze. "You're smiling."

I scoffed and turned away. "What about it? This isn't the first time that I've smiled in front of you, or have you not noticed?"

She giggled. "I mean a genuine smile. I noticed that you were also smiling like that after you battle with Setsuko. It's a really pretty smile. Wish I could see it more often."

I felt my face heat up. "Pretty?"

"Yeah. It makes you look more handsome!"

I grumbled. "Yeah, well it's probably nothing like that peasant's."

"Tetsu? Why are you comparing yourself to him?" she asked.

This girl sure was oblivious.

"I'm... not sure," I said, glancing at the ceiling of the yellow tent. I closed my eyes. "Anyway, go back to him. He probably missing his little princess, even though he has that tanuki girl."

Rosa grumbled. "If you want me to leave so badly then I'll do so, but only once Kohri or auntie Miyuki return."

"Kohri and my mom?" I asked, opening my eyes.

"Yeah. Kohri was helping me watch over you. He's actually the one who brought you here. He went to go help make food."

"Food? It isn't his group's turn to do so."