Episode 82: Feelings Encased in Ice

Start from the beginning

"Y-yeah, they sure did," Ayumi said, pushing herself up as she stood on the opposite end of the crater.

"Don't push yourself," Zyuuni said as he helped her stand.

The red-haired girl nodded her head.

Zyuuni smiled and slowly escorted her to her tent.

"We should all rest," King Osamu said, sighing as he turned his back to all of us. Suddenly, a ringing sound erupted from underneath the purple cape he wore. He took out a black phone. "Hello, Prime Minister. I take it that you've confronted the abyssmals?" He frowned. "They killed all the guards?" He gasped. "That's... so it appears that their earlier calls for peace were but a farce after all, as if there were any doubt."

"The guards died?" I asked.

"Wait, that means that..." Rosa said, covering her mouth with both hands.

"Eita, Borasco" Eiichi said, eyes wide.

"Your brother and cousin are safe. They were ordered to stay in Makkuroyama along with Naoru. Likewise, the remaining members of your old team and those of the others were sent there," Eiko said, putting a hand on her oldest son's shoulder.

Eiji smiled. "So, it seems that you do care for your little brother and cousin after all," the Lightning King said, chuckling.

Eiichi turned away. "O-of course I do. I'm not the monster that you take me for, Father."

"Hey, I didn't mean it like that. I don't think that you're a mon-"

"I'm going to go train. Call me once the ring is fixed," he said, taking flight. "Come, Sabine!"

"No need to tell me, I'm right behind you!" Sabine said, grinning.

Eiji sighed. "That kid."

"Seems that we all struggle with unruly kids," Tekeshi said, patting him on the back.

"Don't compare me to him. Plus, at least I have a reason for treating you the way I do," Tetsu said, glaring at his father.

"Stop arguing," the king demanded. "Setsuko and Hyosetsu need to rest. If you want to argue go to the mountains."

"Father is right," Rosa said.

Tetsu glared at king Osamu. "I'm going to go do some training of my own," he said as he turned away.

"Master isn't going to eat?" Yuko asked, tilting her head at him.

"I'll just grab an apple on the way to the mountains," he responded as he marched on toward the forest.

Yuko chased after him. "Alright!"

I sighed. "It's going to take a while for him to forgive you, uncle."

Uncle Tekeshi adjusted his mask. "Seems like it. Not that I expected him to forgive me right away."

"Tekeshi, I need to speak to you and the others about something that Prime Minister Itou mentioned," the king said as he tucked his phone away back into his cape.

"What is it?" he asked.

Uncle Osamu glanced at me. "It's best that I tell you in secret. I rather keep the young knights' focused on their training."

"Let me put Hyo to bed then we can talk," Lady Miyuki said.

"Fine," he said as he stared at the crown princess. "Serrano, take good care of your future wife. I'll like to speak to you once the training camp has come to an end."

"Speak to me? About what? Is it connected to what the prime minister said?"

He closed his eyes. "Sort of. It's best not to ask questions right now. Focus on taking care of Setsuko and your own training."