Chapter Seven: Exposed

Authors Note: Quite a long chapter coming up and I'm really sorry if it doesn't make sense in some places or if there are some mistakes. I wanted to get a chapter out, but I didn't have time to write much earlier so it's 1:00am and I've just finished it. But once I've had some sleep and re-read it, I may change a few things. There's a lot more action in this one and the story is moving along at hopefully a quicker pace now, so I hope you enjoy. Don't forget to vote and comment....

Chapter Seven: Exposed

It was an ordinary morning as usual and Isaac was sitting round the table with his family and Carly. Over the past few days she had definitely managed to fit in well with the family and as Isaac watched her out of the corner of his eye, his feelings for her grew. The way her eyes sparkled as she laughed and held a conversation with his siblings and the way she played with her hair when she was nervous or embarrassed. Everything she did seemed to embed itself in Isaac’s mind and he couldn’t seem to shift her image from his thoughts.

Grace was absent from the table and Isaac was wondering just where she was, seconds later she came bounding into the room like a puppy beaming from ear to ear.

“Fred and Felicity are coming over with Rebecca and Benny!” She ran into his father’s arms and began to plant kisses over his face as everyone at the table seemed to let the information sink in.

It wasn’t often that Fred and Felicity came over, let alone when they brought their children with them. It’s not that they lived far away from them or that they didn’t get on with one another, it was far from it. The main reasons why they didn’t come to the house often was because Fred was running the gang of outlaws and had set up a main camp for them near his home. Whenever they were planned to come over, something would kick off within the gang of men.  

Isaac grinned as he thought of his mother’s cousin coming over for the first time in a long time, that could only mean that tonight they were going to go on a raid – and it was going to be local to his family, meaning that everyone would more than likely end up staying over for the night.

Isaac couldn’t wait for a good ‘ole raid. It had been ages since he’d been on a proper stake out with his cousin, and that meant that it was time to start talking about his future of being an outlaw, he’d probably get the chance to do it later as no doubt his father would come along as well and that meant that he’d be able to discuss everything properly before confronting his mother.

Carly looked over to Isaac in confusion and he purposely plastered a smirk on his face, he could recall when the family had finally met Felicity for the first time, he was only young but he could distinctly remember Felicity acting very similar to the way that Carly presented herself, which was unusual when he had been brought up with a very headstrong mother.

But he wouldn’t ever make the mistake again of thinking Felicity was as vulnerable as she appeared, what his family were very much unaware of was that Felicity was having lessons from Fred in ‘ways of being an outlaw.’ Isaac would never forget his mother’s face when Felicity arrived at a raid with Fred, masterfully managing to fight a criminal on the run and win without any help at all.

Isaac turned his attention back to Carly, as he did he saw her still in a state of confusion as no one had yet cared to fill her in on who Fred and Fells were. Everyone was busy rushing round preparing for them and getting excited in the process.

“Fred is ma’s cousin, Felicity is his wife and Rebecca and Benny are their children. They hardly ever manage to come over because of Fred working and so when they do it usual means something exciting’ll happen here, like ma’ will prepare a huge feast or something along those lines.”