113: Towards Eden Kingdom (3)

Start from the beginning

Never did once the girl looked at Liam. All her attention was poured on his opponent instead.

"Leron, I've always wanted to meet you again."

Her voice so soothing that they were almost fooled to believe the two had intimate relations with one another. Raize slightly frowned.

Leron raised a brow, then he blinked in recognition. "Oh ho... Where is the Spirit you stole?"

Lea softly chuckled. Her small smile brought fear to Leron's chest, and he could not understand why. As he stared at the ever moving white dusts in her bright crimson eyes, he could no longer carry his smile. "Who are you?" He asked in all his seriousness.

But she simply stood still, gazing at him with calm. No emotion could be seen from her face, and nothing was expressed in her eyes. 

During their exchange, Raize quietly studied the corpses on the ground and noticed the shivering princess. He gave her a glance and went back to observe the wounds on the dead bodies. It was apparent on his eyes that he was elated at the sight.

Slow and unnoticed by many, the essences in the air concentrated to one task. In the silence, Lea completely sealed the possibility of Leron's escape as well as reduce his sense of perception, eyesight and motor skills by causing some interference in his brain. She paid particular attention to his cerebellum, greatly impeding his sense of balance and movement. This was simply so wicked! 

Then Leron felt a growing fear. Growing mentally weakened, his focus was slowly becoming dull. He frowned and intensely glared at her, "F***. What did you do?! Not gonna talk? I'll just have to make you!"

Foolish his actions may be, he had no choice. He sensed he was cornered already, but he was not aware he had no other options but to... kneel.

Yes, he dashed and went straight to kneel in front of Lea.

Looking at the sudden dubious actions, Liam jolted in surprise. 'What was going on?'

Lea patted Leron's head and crouched to align their eyes. He was slowly feeling so cold as the silence continued to persist. It was as if the air pushing him to death. He did not understand his instinct that was scared of death brought by the person in front of him.

"Reason for killing?"

Her question too sudden, he was taken aback momentarily. Then he remembered the miserable people behind her and a smile escaped his lips. "They were so scared, making me want to chase them to death."

"Despicable. Apostles?"

His eyes blinked wide. Then he narrowed his eyes suspiciously. He groaned and asked, "Who are you?"

"Boring."

His questions unanswered twice, his temper was running out. But he sensed he could not make any drastic move, especially after being forced to kneel nonsensically. He just realized he was much too weak to make any killing move, glancing briefly to Liam at the farthest back who had by now relaxed to tend his wounds.

"Seems like you've noticed."

She couldn't help but smile a little at Leron's miserable state. Secretly, she applauded at Liam's wit. As expected of an experienced mercenary whose hobby was testing a body's endurance to pain. His calculated slashes of poison have affected Leron's weakening, neither slow nor fast, but it was apparent that the many cuts imbued with poison were taking effect. It already dulled his sense of pain.

Leron growled. Suddenly, he thought of the people who were looking for him in Sabio. He had nearly forgotten, for his mission there had been a huge success. He was pretty sure these people were related to a certain rebel group.

"Ahhh! Geez. Lea, you won't get anywhere with this kind of lax interrogation!" Suddenly, Ulla came out of the thick trees looking apprehensive. Behind her, Ullyssis was nodding mechanically in agreement.

Unfortunately, Ulla was right. Lea was never good with holding a conversation as she was the sort to only speak the point of the matter and ignore the rest. This might be the only point people would usually despise when interacting with her.

Lea stepped away to give space for Ulla. She did not feel wronged, rather, she felt obliged to have Ulla do the task of questioning instead. Thus, she gestured her hand for Ulla to come in her replacement.

Before long, Nia and Lars also came out to observe on the side quietly. Upon a glance, Leron recognized Lars' face, but he sensed something different about the lad. He still remained kneeling quietly. 

Crouching by Leron's side, Ulla displayed her usual feminine elegance with her movements. Not fast nor slow, she looked on Leron's face, then she smiled pleasantly confusing the man himself.

"Don't worry, we won't really hurt you. If you can't believe me, at least believe in your father's friends!" As soon as she said so, Leron's eyes widened. Behind his surprise, a layer of mist could be seen in his eyes. "The Headmaster is such a wise and dashing individual.. Being the Headmaster of Sabio University, and an escapee from the famous--- or should I say.. infamous Apostles.

"At least that's true. What's your motive in siding with the Apostles, Mr. Leron? I'm sure you have a very good reason to abandon your father all to himself and let your comrades chase after his life." Her serene smile remained on her face, distracting Leron from her serious inquiries.

Before he could formulate an answer, Ulla's voice once again resounded, "Excuses are no good. They never lead to a fruit! If you do not tell, we can only dig by force. By then, you really won't be able to blame us if we destroy whatever you are protecting. As you can see, we are no ordinary bunch." Her smile widened with glee.

She truly looked spectacular with her lovely face that appeared so happy talking with Leron as if the topic was something very pleasant. Her words, however, proved to be a barbaric threat to everything Leron was trying to hide. He suddenly felt conflicted at her sight.

A deep frown creased Leron's handsome face, and not for long, he spoke. "Don't you think it's better to help cleanse this world? It's obviously not united and full of ignorant fools with their arrogance being flaunt about."

"Oh? Is there some history to his childish hatred of yours?" Her sharp words thrust a pain in Leron's chest smoothly. Her mouth so poisonous he could not believe it.

"Father... and I were living at the poor suburban of Eden Kingdom, but since I was young, inequality has run deep within the nation itself. Many days, we were treated like trash despite my father's wisdom. He was a teacher at our poor community. His wages barely covered our expenses. So I thought of working under the famous religious sect of the city-- the Apostles. Later, I learnt of many truths about the world. There's no point in saving all these people. They are better used for the the greater good.

"My father... despite being dragged with me, never believed the Apostles. He was adamant to claim they are wrong and that what I am doing is another form of arrogance in the face of life. I believe he is simply being foolish of course. So I let him escape to make him see the greater good of my goals, no, the Apostles goals.

"Ingrid's become a beast breeding land, and soon, Sabrina will become a land ruled with reason. No need for idiotic dictatorship. No need for useless societies. That foolish and cowardly king of Eden is a primary example of why people should abandon themselves to the greater good of the Apostles. They hold the truth. They bring upon us ho----"

Leron's head was harshly bashed on the back. Then he fell on the ground without another word. Ulla blinked her eyes dumbfounded. "Why did you do that?!"

She stared at Lea in disbelief.

But Lea simply said quietly, "A fanatic." 

Truth be told, Lea's body moved before her mind could process anything else. Unfortunate for Leron.