Chapter Sixteen - 'Happy Ending Turned to Dust'

[Edited 21/7/14]

 Chapter Sixteen - 'Happy Ending Turned to Dust'

Lacey was still skating on cloud nine, her relationship with Ollie – though officially young – felt forever with all the dancing they’d been doing around each other. She had a solid job – which she was now being paid for – good friends and was having a series of wonderful adventures.

Before they left Amsterdam, Lacey and Ollie managed to sneak off for a moonlit walk along the street. Amsterdam wasn’t what you’d call a romantic city and after the incident with the boys, she’d been reluctant to go out and see more of the sights.

However, Ollie had convinced her to accompany him with the promise of time spent together alone. As they walked down the street, his arm wrapped around her shoulder and her head tucked under his chin, she couldn’t be happier.

“I wish we could just stay like this” he said.

“What, walking the streets of Amsterdam?” she mocked.

“No, like this, happy” he replied.

“You talk as if our happiness won’t last” she said frowning.

“I hope it won’t ever stop, but the real world has a habit of creeping in on you and there will always be someone trying to get at us” he said seriously.

“Then we will have to get them first” she replied.

“Like superheroes” he announced.

She giggled.

“Here I want to give you this” he said, stopping her and taking her hand.

She looked up at him curiously as he pulled a small black box out of his pocket.

“Open it” he said.

She carefully opened the box and looked inside. It was a beautiful silver necklace with two charms attached; a writers quill and a guitar. She was stunned and lost for words as she gazed upon the necklace.

“It represents us” said Ollie “the musician and the writer. It’s a promise of sorts, you’re my girl and I’m your guy. I’m not so good with the feeling stuff but I hope you can see it in this” he said nervously.

“I love it” she whispered, reaching up and brushing his lips with hers.

She swept her hair to the side in order to allow him to put the necklace on for her. She shivered briefly as his fingers grazed the back of her neck and leaned into his touch.

“Though we haven’t been together long, I wanted you to know how much you mean to me” he said.

“Oh Ollie” said Lacey as they fell into a passionate embrace.