Chapter Six - 'And so the Mouse Catches the Cat'

Chapter Six – ‘And So The Mouse Catches The Cat’

They were right the beds were uncomfortable but Lacey managed. She would however be buying earplugs as soon as possible for Bradley snored quite loudly and Jack made an odd mewing sound in his sleep. They’d travelled through the night and were travelling through the day. They aimed to arrive at their next location in the early afternoon.

Lacey could hear chatter coming from the room beyond the beds. She assumed the boys were already up and checking her phone she was surprised to see the time read ten am. She’d obviously been more tired that she thought, then again getting up during the night tends to do that to you. She shrugged on a hooded jumper and pulled on a pain of knock off uggs onto her feet. She couldn’t be bothered to change out of her pyjamas yet and she wasn’t looking forward to using the small bus shower.

“Morning sleepyhead” said Jack cheerily.

“I knew you’d be a morning person” she grumbled.

“Awh don’t be grumpy, have a glass of orange juice” he said.

She took the glass that had been shoved in her face and drank it in one.

“Do you feel better now?” he asked.

She nodded and sat down on one of the sofas, tucking her feet underneath her.

“Too lazy to get dressed?” questioned Jack.

“Yep” replied Lacey.

“Morning Lacey” said Bradley “regretting entering the prank war yet?”

“Nope” she replied.             

“You better remain on your guard. Silas is known for being sneaky with pranks” said Jack.

“Mhmm, I’m sure he is” she said.

“We’re serious” said Bradley.

“So am I” she replied.

“AHHH! WHAT THE HELL!”

“Was that?” said Jack.

“Silas, yes” said Bradley.

Lacey just smirked to herself.

Silas stormed into the room in anger, his hair was completely covered in whipped cream, there appeared to be a glazed cherry stuck to his nose and strawberry syrup covered his torso.

“Who the hell did it?” he growled.

Jack and Bradley looked at each other in shock; even Oliver who had walked into the room seemed confused.

“Well, is anyone going to answer me?” asked Silas.

It only took one small cough from Lacey for the boys to remember she was still in the room. Silas growled.

“You look like an ice cream sundae minus the ice cream” she said pleasantly.

“What?...you!” cried Silas.

“I thought when you said prank war I was actually going to have some competition. I didn’t think you’d be so easy to trick. By the way, did you know you drool in your sleep?” she asked.

Silas blushed and opened and closed his mouth several times, looking for the right reply. The others looked at her with a mixture of awe and respect – even Oliver.

“I don’t want to aggravate you further but she did well” said Jack.

“Yeah not even one of us has managed to get you like that” said Bradley.