Chapter Seven - 'Vulnerability Makes Enemies Forget Their Differences'

Chapter Seven – ‘Vulnerability Makes Enemies Forget Their Differences’

Dear readers, if you are ever asked to enter a prank war with Silas: say no. This was my mistake. I am a confident prankster and enjoy tricking others but Silas’s level of determination is out of this world. While I only prank the intended victim, Silas isn’t averse to pranking all others as well. Indeed the three other members of Locked Doors are shouting for Silas and I to end the war but we are too deep now, it will only end when one of us admits defeat. Though the crew is used to the pranks, this new war is stretching their limits and they are weary of both Silas and I. Even the management of our venue in Edinburgh were unimpressed with out war.

So far I have made Silas look like an ice cream sundae, pranked him as a nurse with serious medical results, hidden all his underwear, hacked his twitter and watched him walk across a fake pathway that had him landing in a pool of cold baked beans.

The pranks I have received involve, being soaked and covered in flour, being locking in the shower, being tricked into eating a local delicacy – which was really mashed potato stuffed inside sausage skins and had my pillow filled with jelly.

I won’t even start on the pranks the others have suffered by Silas’s hand.

The only question I have dear reads is who will cave first?

Lacey was very aware that her writing technique had changed. At first she was very much focused on writing a story that was separated from real life and then she’d moved to incorporate fact and fiction. Now she was writing more like an article and she really like the fact that she was now involving the reader. Writing as an article to the fans was rather more exciting than she thought and was definitely a challenge. The good thing was that Ian loved her new take on the stories, although Lacey wasn’t sure if that was because of her writing skills or the rise in merchandise sales because of her writing skills.

Today they were heading towards Cardiff. Lacey couldn’t wait for the UK side of the tour to finish because she was dying to travel further afield. Having said that she was quite excited to be travelling to Northern Ireland and Ireland itself and hear those delicious Irish accents.

Jenny had been jumping around in excitement so much so that she’d been making the other boys suspicious. Jack told Lacey that Jenny hadn’t been this excited last time they’d been heading to Cardiff as apparently she’d found the whole place rather boring.

“Oh please tell me why you’re so excited before the boys throw you out for your excessive squealing” said Lacey.

“Oh they’re no fun” said Jenny pouting “but I’m excited to arrive in Cardiff because you and I are going to have a night on the town” she added triumphantly.

“You mean dresses, high heels and alcohol” said Lacey grinning.

Jenny nodded.

Contrary to some of the boy’s beliefs, though Lacey loved literature, she also loved letting her hair down. Standing in a sweaty filled club, where the music was loud and the floor was sticky was something she actually enjoyed.

“I’ve decided we’ll go out tonight after the boys concert, we’re only in Cardiff for two nights anyway. Oh and the boys aren’t invited” said Jenny giggling.

“What aren’t we invited to?” asked Silas.

“Tonight’s girl’s night” said Jenny sternly.

Silas groaned “you’re killing me Jenny” he said throwing a wink in her direction.

Jenny rolled her eyes at Silas “leave now before we start talking clothes she ordered.