Chapter 22: Wish me luck

Sub POV
Autumn sighed, "I think I'm going to take an attempt at a shower."
Sketch, "What about the date?"
Autumn winked, "Ill think about it. Come on Lightning."
I stopped Autumn, "Why are you bringing Lightning into the bathroom?"
Autumn looked at excited Lightning, "He's my new Thunder."
I raised my brow, "Are you sure about that?"
Autumn giggled, "I need to find some girl friends."
Sketch teasingly said, "But I thought you were straight."
Autumn turned around, "Oh gosh, Sketch."
She crutched up the steps as Lightning followed her. She closed the door and the shower started. About an hour later, Autumn came down the stairs sliding on her butt. She stood.
She smiled, "I feel six again."
Sketch laughed, "Good job. You want some food?"
She nodded and crutched  to the table. Sketch made her a bowl of strawberries. She ate some and her phone went off, "Darn it. Well I'll see you later guys."
Corl stopped her, "Where are you going?"
Autumn sighed, "The school."
Corl grabbed her bag, "For some reason, I don't trust that. I'm coming with."
Autumn shrugged, "Ok."

Corl POV
We walked to the school. She unlocked the doors and let me in. I followed her to a classroom. She closed the doors and I set down the bag, "So a teacher?"
She nodded.
She took out some binders, "Yep."
I helped her put them in a shelf. We were doing it for a while when there was a shelf she couldn't reach with crutches.
I sighed, "Denis would help us."
She rolled her eyes, "Not everyone needs to be tall to get around."
She propped herself on the shelf and put the binder away.
I asked, "How tall are you?"
She shrugged, "Probably 5.6"
I nodded, "So what now."
Autumn pulled a book out from the bag, "Now I plan. Not sure about you."
I shrugged and sat down. She looked through her book and turned some music on.
She whistled along with the songs and marked off days.
An older man knocked on the door. Autumn looked up, "Yes sir?"
The man walked in and glanced at me, then a little boy with glasses came in.
His voice was deep, "Miss Sirdar?"
She closed her book, "Yes sir, how may I help you?"
The little boy asked her before the man could talk, "Hi I'm Chris. What happened to your foot?"
Autumn blushed, "I just hurt it. Would you like to sign it?"
The boy nodded and ran around the desk, she laughed and handed him a sharpie. Everyone at home had signed it before. The boy gently and messily wrote, "C-H-R-I-S Chris."
She smiled, "Would you like to put Chris into my grade 4 class?"
The man nodded. She took out several papers, "I'll need you to sign here and here. I need you to fill out this sheet, too please."

The man did so, "Ok, thank you."
The man stopped at the door, "Chris go find Andrea. I need to talk to these people."
Chris ran out. The man turned, "You guys should swing by my restaurant. Its very romantic."
He handed me a business card and Autumn panicked, "We aren't dating."
The man laughed, "Sure. Your here alone. Together."
Autumn face palmed herself, "He's taken. And I'm taken by an other boy."
The man rolled his eyes. Autumn sighed, "Ill try bringing my real boyfriend."
The man walked out. She checked her phone, "I have an other appointment in thirty minutes, you sure you want to stay?"
I nodded and she continued marking. She laughed a little, "Sketch is gonna be pouty. Less time with his girl."
I thought about and chuckled, "Sounds like him."

Autumn POV
I got a text from Denis.

Denis: Where are you?

Autumn: With Corl at Samuel Elementary.

Denis: Ok OMW

Autumn: ok.

I sighed, "Corl, Denis is coming."
He smiled, "Ok. When is your birthday?"
I looked up suspiciously, he looked nervous, "January fifty eight."
Corl looked down at his phone then paused, "So February twenty seventh?"
I laughed, "Who put you up to this?"
Corl shrugged, "Some unknown number. Too scared to betray it."
I drew back, "Let me see."
He gave me his phone. The number was Austin's.  I called Austin on both phones. He answered Corl's.

Austin: Hello?

Autumn: How's this for stupid?

Austin: Autumn?!? But I thought I ha-

Autumn: You had Braden's number? Think again. Delete this phone number.

Austin: Can't force me momma.

Autumn: Oh we're doing this again so I guess I call you pathetic volcano.

Austin: how dare you!

Autumn: Or I call the cops Princey.

Austin: You little-

Autumn: I have two phones of evidence. I would suggest you start running boy.

Austin: Wha-?

I hung up. I handed Corl his phone. Austin called my number, I ignored it. We went through 15 more kids. Then a man in a suit and a women in a fancy dress came in followed by a little girl that had a pink dress, and her hair in a bow.
They sounded French, "Chloe is going here."
I smiled, "Would she like to sign my cast? Just sign here and fill out this."
Chloe looked disgusted and the parents did so.
I looked at the sheet, 'allergies: gluten, nuts, dairy.'
They left and I looked at the time, "Corl we can go home now."
Corl nodded and I crutched out locking the door. We were in an alley when a baseball bat flew towards me and Corl.