Chapter Three: BRADEN!?!?!

Denis POV
Denis: Braden?!?!

I just sent him that. Almost instantly, he replied.

Corl: Sry phone died. Did I worry you? 😅

Denis: A little. I was just being... paranoid. 😙

I sent the message. The emoji was wrong. I started to sweat.

Corl: Um.... ???

Denis: OMG wrong emoji. I meant 😜

Corl: Oh... good!

Denis: Yeah... sry.

Corl: No, it's good. Anyway, what's wrong?

'Wow, he took that well. Maybe he doesn't like me.' Suddenly my phone buzzed.

Corl: Oh god. Biff's here. He's drunk. See you later. I guess. 😥

I felt worried. 'What if Biff hurt Corl badly enough to kill him. No. That wouldn't happen.' I thought.

Corl POV
I heard the door open and slam that's when I hurried to text Denis. Biff was drunk. I slid my phone under the couch. I looked up. Biff threw a beer can at my face. It scraped my face. He picked me up by my shirt collar. He punched me hard enough to wind me. I gasped for air. Last thing I heard was, "YOUR A WASTE OF BREATH CORL. NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU." Was it true?
I woke on the floor. I wasn't bleeding. Luckily. I slipped my phone out from the couch. Denis sent me like a thousand texts.

You gonna be ok?
What is Biff doing to you?
You need help?
I need to know.
Braden?
It's been forty five minutes.
Tell me your ok.
Braden, if this is a joke I'm so killing you.
Braden, I didn't mean it.
Are you dead?
Braden, I'm sick with worry.
Braden, please... please answer me.
Braden, I'm calling Alex and Sub.
Braden 😥😥
Denis: Braden please don't be dead.

I smiled. He sure was worried. Maybe he liked me.

Corl: Hey. Sry I guess I went unconscious. Can we talk? Just me, you, Sub, and Alex.

Denis: Sry for so many texts. I'll ask em.

Denis: They said yes. Where do you want to meet?

Corl: The Cafe. Five minutes?

Denis: Ok we are on our way.

I put on my hoodie and keys and walked out the door. I locked door and walked down the stairs. I got into my car and drove to the cafe.
Nothing interesting, the Cafe was empty, except the staff. I sat at a table. A lady with a pink bow in her blond hair and the employee outfit for this place came up. I looked at her name tag. 'Faith.' "What can I get you today?" She said chewing gum. I smiled, "I'll wait. I meeting up with some friends."
They walked in, Alex, Sub, and Denis. "Nevermind. I'll get a coffee."
Denis sat down, "Me too. Please."
Alex asked, "Green tea, please."
Sub smiled, "Water, please and thank you."
"Alrighty then. I'll be right back." she basically skipped away. She had a lot of energy.
"You alright, Corl?" Denis asked.
"I'll be right back." I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I leaned closer to the mirror and rubbed off the scabs on my forehead. Nothing bled. So I had a scrape to explain and a scab on my neck to explain to other people. I walked back and sat down. Denis smiled.
"Again, you ok Corl?" Denis asked.
"Yeah sure." I mumbled.
Faith came back and poured Sub his water. She handed Alex his tea. She walked away. "What did he do?" asked Alex curiously.
"One second." I said when my phone buzzed. 'Wendy?!?!'

Wendy: ❤❤

Corl: ??

Wendy: Corl?!?! Oops wrong person. I am so sry.

Corl: Got over me that quick?

Wendy: If you cant beat em, just move on.

Corl: Isn't the saying "if you cant beat them, join them."

Wendy: Yeah. But whatever. So hows life?

Corl: Could be better, you?

Wendy: I'm good. Nice talking. Well I GTG. Bye Corl.

Corl: Bye.

That was awkward. I looked up to Faith whispering in Denis' ear. His face fell. He stuttered, "I-I'm gonna t-take a moment outside." he got up and rush for the door. He went around the corner and disappeared from sight.
Alex looked at me in eyes, "What did he do? Who were texting?"
Denis walked back in. He sat, "Sorry, I needed a moment."
"No problem." I said.
"Why did Wendy text you two hearts?" Denis asked nervously.
"It wasn't meant for me. It was meant for someone else." I said showing him my phone.
"Oh... Good." Denis' eyes went wide, " I mean... Oh God."
I giggled, his reaction was funny. Alex snapped his fingers, "Corl stop ignoring me. What did Biff do to you?"
I could feel my cheeks burn.

Denis POV
Alex snapped his fingers, "Corl stop ignoring me. What did Biff do to you?" Corl started to blush and his eyes went wide.
"He- um- he- I guess- I mean-" Corl looked faint. "He told me some mean things. Yeah that's it." He swallowed hard. His adams apple went up then down when he swallowed.
Alex raised his eyebrow, "Really...?"
His jaw started to shake and he started to tear, "Y-Yep. That's it."
Alex rolled his eyes. "Braden. Spill."
Corl slammed his head on the table. He started to cry. Sub rubbed his back compassionately, trying to get him to calm down. I glared at Alex, he looked guilty.
Corl suddenly, just stopped. Sub looked at me and tilted his head towards Corl. I got up and took a step toward Corl. He was just breathing. I gently pushed him and he just moved, no groaning. I looked up, "Um... Can I get some medical help over here?"
A person walked up to Corl and started to gently shake him. He was black haired with brown eyes. This wasn't major enough to bring to the hospital. Corl woke up. And lifted his head. I mouthed 'Thank you.' to the person.
Alex stood up to go, but Corl grabbed his wrist, "Don't go."
Alex sighed, "I'm only causing a problem." He sat back down.
Corl whisper, "It wasn't your fault it was Biff's." The door swung open. Biff.