Chpter Four: Biff

Denis POV
The doors swung open. Biff. And his friends. I stood up and everyone else at the table did too. Corl started to shake and hid behind me. He held on to my waist in fear and tried to calm down.
Biff laughed, "Oh come on babe. No kiss for me? Stop snuggling this idiots waist." I could hear him start to cry.
Biff threw a toothpick at me. I barked, "Back off." Biff and his friends laughed.
Corl dug his head in between my shoulder blades and started to cry. Biff took Corl's hand from my waist and started twisting it. I pushed him away.
Corls hand laced on to his other around my waist. "You need this guy to protect you. That's just sad, Bubbles." Biff and his friends roared with laughter. Corl cried harder.
Biff whispered to Corl, "We will finish this later. With a beer bottle or two." he smiled evilly. He sat at a table. Corl unwrapped his hands from my waist so I could walk. I paid for the tea but the water was free. We never did get our coffee's.
We walked out. Corl clung on to my arm and every noise he heard scared him. I drove him home. Alex lived near (In this story all ThePals live near each other) Corl so he drove his car home. Sub rode with us in the back seat. When we got home, Sub got in his car and drove home.
Corl laid on the couch. He didn't move, other then breathing. Fear. To break the silence I said, "Want to eat?"
It was 5:39 PM. Corl got up. "Sure Denis!" he took the Biff thing really well. He walked the kitchen. I followed him. "What's for supper?" Corl asked.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"I don't know. Surprise me!" He said smiling. He watched intently. I peeled some potatoes. I cut them in half and put in a pot with water. I went outside. I turned on the barbeque.

Corl POV
Denis finish supper and handed me a plate. I packed my plate with corn, potatoes, and steak. He smiled at me, "That hungry, eh?"
I wanted to tell Denis that I wasn't allowed to eat at home... I really did... But I couldn't. "You know me Denis. Always hungry." I said giggling nervously.
"Ok..." Denis said suspiciously. I sat down and ate as fast as my skinny body could. Denis asked after I put my dishes in the sink and sat back down, "Corl, please tell me, is somebody starving you?"
"I... Yes. I can't hide it anymore. Biff is. This was the first time I've eaten in two days." I said looking at Denis in the eyes. His brown eyes soothed me.
Denis took another bite. He chewed and swallowed. He sighed afterwards, "Please, Braden, don't go back to him, at least for tonight."
"Ok, I need a break anyway." I said, I watched him take an other bite and swallowed. He smiled. I smiled.
"You want me to do the dishes?" I offered.
"Only if you want." Denis said shrugging. I walked to the sink and rolled my sleeves up. I turned on the tap to the hottest I could handle. I grabbed a rag. I put dish soap in the sink. Denis finished and grabbed a towel to dry. I grabbed a plate and started to scrub. Denis dried it. I went to grab another dish, but I slashed myself on a knife. I raised my hand out of the water. Blood.

Denis POV
Corl stopped. He raised his hand out of the water. Blood. I grabbed his wrist and wrapped his hand in the towel. Blood quickly spilled threw. "Keep it there. I'll be back." I ran upstairs and grabbed the first-aid kit.
I ran down the stairs. I almost tripped, but recovered. When I went in the kitchen, Corl was sitting on the counter. He looked really cute with his legs swinging. He stopped and stared. He unwrapped his hand.
After I cleaned his wound, I looked up at him. He smiled. 'Gosh he's cute.' I thought. He grabbed on to my shoulder and jumped down from the counter. He was inches away.
I could feel my cheeks heat up. His rosy cheeks turned even rosier. I stepped back. 'Why didn't I make a move?' I thought.
Corl swallowed hard. His adams apple went up then down. 'Was it weird that I noticed that?' I thought. Suddenly, I felt two arms around my torso. "C-Corl?"
Corl replied, "Yeah Denis?"
"Do you want to watch something?" I asked.
"Why not?" Corl said, his phone rang. "One sec, dingo." He answered the phone. "Oh... Hi Biff." he paused, "Im... s-sorry." I heard yelling from the phone, "At a f-friends." he swallowed hard, "P-please don't." Tears formed at the brim of his eyes. "Bye Biff." he hung up.
"You ok?" I asked.
"Y-Yeah." He said as he rubbed his eyes.
"You want to talk about it?" I asked.
"No, no, lets just go find something to watch." Corl replied.

Corl POV
I hugged Denis, but my phone rang.

Biff: Hello Braden.

Corl: Oh... Hi Biff.

Biff: You didn't come home!

Corl: I'm... sorry.

Biff: Where the *Beeeep* are you!?

Corl: At a f-friends.

Biff: Gosh, your a waste of food. Im going to beat you till you don't have a stomach. Or blood.

Corl: P-please don't

Biff: See you later, Bubbles.

Corl: Bye Biff.

"You ok?" Denis asked.
"Y-yeah." I rubbed my tear filled eyes. 'Of course I'm not.' I thought.
"You want to talk about it?" Denis offered.
"No, no, lets just go find something to watch." I replied. We walked to the couch. Denis turned on Netflix and scrolled through the recommendations. He found, 'Wolves Last Kiss.'