Chapter 15: Tears

Autumn POV
Biff walked up to me and kneeled. He stroked my hair. He smiled. I pushed him and ran. I ran and ran until I couldn't breath. I could see Sketch ahead, alone. I ran to him, breathing heavy. He looked beyond me. I turned around and Biff grabbed my shirt collar.
I stared at him angrily. Sketch separated him from me and bolted as he held my hand. He opened the door to his house and Ethan stared. "Don't ask. Just get her water. And a cold compress." Sketch said.

Sketch POV
I examined Autumns arms and collarbone as instincts. I asked her, "You hurt? What was that all about?" Ethan came with a water and a cold compress.
"No, not physically hurt. And I would rather tell you alone." she whimpered. Ethan set the water and the cold compress down. He left. I trusted him to not eavesdrop.
I looked in her eyes, for the first time I saw horror. She clutched her knees to her chest.
I asked, "What did happened between Biff and you?"
She let a tear slip, "You remember I said I had been bottling my emotions for a year?"
"Yeah." I said.
She sniffled, "A year ago, Biff was abusing Corl. Biff would be out most of the day at the bar. So he said to Corl. Really, he would rape women. He would kiss them and... and." she burst into tears, I unfolded her gently and hugged her.
"I am so sorry." I said.
"And he would undress the women. He would be cruel. He would never rape twice. I didn't call the cops, out of fear. When I got a text from him, I panicked. I took it out on Corl. Im so stupid." she whispered in my ear.
I did what I knew what to do. I held her. I whispered little nothings in her ear, until she calmed down.
Ethan walked around the corner and handed her a bowl of strawberries.
He smiled, "I don't know what just happened, but I'm assuming you like strawberries since you apparently smell like them."
"Thanks." she whimpered. She took one out of the bowl and jumped as her phone rang. She grabbed it out of her pocket of her sweater.

Autumn POV
I took a strawberry and jumped as my phone rang. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and got up. Biff.
I answered it and screamed, "What do you want?!"
He chuckled, "Corl. I want Corl. Or we could hook up again."
I walked out of the room, "You tell Corl, one detail and your head will be my bloody trophy. You freaking hear me?"
Biff clicked his tongue, "Your so hot when your mad."
I took a knife and stabbed the cutting board. "Shut up. Biff. I swear if you tell anyone about anything."
He laughed, "Watch me." He hung up.
I stomped into the room and grabbed my bag.
"Sketch, Ethan your taking me to Denis'." I said grabbing Sketch's hand. Ethan hurried to follow. I let go of Sketch's hand and slowed down. I texted Denis.

Autumn: Denis. I swear I'm sorry. Me, Sketch, and Ethan are coming. I need to explain.

Denis: Fine, but I haven't got Corl to stop crying.

Autumn: Just don't let him cut.

Denis: What?

Autumn: Don't let him cut. Five minutes away.

Denis: He wouldn't. Ok.

Autumn: See you soon.

Denis: Ok?

I kept walking. I felt someone staring at me. Sketch was. Ethan was just walking. We arrived at the house. I knocked. Denis answered. His face fell flat.
I walked past him and Corl was crying on the couch. "Corl?"
He turned and hissed, "What do you want?"
I swallowed hard, "Corl, I don't deserve your forgiveness. I honestly don't. But please, at least listen to me."
"Fine, you got five minutes." he sniffled.
I took a deep breath, "Corl, Biff cheated on you with several women. I couldn't tell you why, but I could tell you what. Corl, for pete sakes, he's blackmailing you and me. Please don't give in. I swear I'll figure it out. Please, please trust me."
Corl chuckled, "I don't believe you."
I couldn't believe it. Denis walked up to me. I ran to his kitchen and slit my forearm with a knife. I dropped the knife and walked back.
I whispered, "There. I cut myself to prove I'm being honest."
Ethan, Denis, and Corl just gasped. Sketch ran me. "Happy?" I said.
Corl shook his head, "I believe you, but why cut?"
I rolled up my sleeves. There was scars up my arms just to prove myself. "Thanks for trusting me." I felt weak and lightheaded, but walked out.

Sketch POV
I walked in silence with Autumn and Ethan. Why did she cut? I thought. We reach my house and I said, "Autumn, please stay." She nodded and walked inside. It was only 6:30 PM.
Ethan smiled, "Truth or dare?"
"I'm up to being 11 again." Autumn laughed.
I nodded. Ethan started, "Autumn truth or dare?"
She smiled, "Truth."
Ethan smiled mischievously, "Do you find Elijah attractive?"
She licked her lips playfully, "Insatiably." we stayed silent for a second then burst out laughing. Autumn calmed down, "Ok, ok, Sketch truth or dare."
I replied, "Dare."
She thought for a moment, "I dare you to not pick dare next time you are asked."
I made a silly pouty face. She giggled. I asked Ethan, "Ethan, truth or dare?"
"I'm all about those dares, dah." he replied.
I paused, "Make out with the wall."
Ethan exclaimed, "How am I supposed to do that?"
Autumn replied sarcastically, "You have lips. There's a wall." He sighed. He looked back at me with a pleading look. I shook my head. He turned to the wall and kissed it.
Autumn snickered.
Ethan sat down rubbing his lips with the back of his hand, "Autumn, truth or dare."
"Dare." she smiled.
"Kiss Sketch. Like you mean it."