Chapter Two: Boil Me Up

Denis POV
I watched as Sub sat down beside me, and Corl sat on the floor. There was a whole cushion to himself, instead he sat on the floor. His face and neck were shaded by shadows. He was silent, as if he had all the joy drained out of him. He was with Biff because Biff blackmailed him to do so. The only reason: he wanted someone who wouldn't tell authorities on him. Corl moved to be criss cross.
"Want a water?" I asked politely.
"No thanks." His voice was grim and sad, "So, Denis what did you want to talk about?"
"I feel silly talking to a hoodie. Please take it off." I said. He hesitated, but lifted his hoodie. Once it was off, I couldn't take it all in. His forehead was scabbed as well arms and neck. He had a fresh scab on his neck. It had a piece of tan glass in it. I stood up. On his collar bone he had a dark purple bruise. I kneeled in front of him and plucked out the glass. Sub went to grab a wet facecloth. He groaned in pain when I took the glass out.

Sub POV
I put the cloth under the cold running water. I heard Corl groan from pain. I rang out the cloth and hurried to Denis and Corl. A little bit of blood ran down his neck. Corl took it and nodded. He slowly pressed it on his neck. I walked downstairs and peaked into the freezer. I grabbed a couple cold compresses and climbed upstairs.
I reached Corl and gave him the cold compresses. He put one on his collar bone and left the other on his lap. Denis looked sick. I scrolled threw my contacts. I found Likman, Alex. I clicked on his phone number and walked to a different room. It took him two seconds to answer the phone.

Alex: Hello?

Sub: Hi, you have a minute?

Alex: Yeah sure, why?

Sub: Just please come to Denis' as soon as possible.

Alex: Ok, on my way. Bye.

Sub: Thanks, bye.

I hung up and waited at the door. Alex came and park in the front of the house. He had a bag with him. I opened the door and he tripped falling on me. I blushed. Alex apologized, "Sorry, I'm clumsy."
"No problem." I said getting up and grabbing his bag. I showed him to the living room. Corl was groaning in pain as Denis gently put a cold compress on his arm. "Do you have any other... injuries?" I asked nervously.
Denis lowered the cold compress. Corl stopped dead. He hesitated, but eventually lifted his shirt just enough to see his stomach area. Denis just stared. He had a scar near his belly button. He had a faded bruise near his right ribcage. It looked like he had a burn in his left ribcage.
"Can we keep this between us four, please?" Corl asked as he dropped his shirt.

Alex POV
I couldn't believe the amount of wounds Corl had, "Of course."
Sub and Denis said in sync, "Yes, we can."
Denis swallowed hard, "Can I talk to Corl, alone?"
We 'left,' but really, we watched and listened curiously.

Corl POV
I watched as Alex and Sub left. I turned to see Denis in thought. He snapped out of it, "Um, Corl, why don't you break up with Biff if he's abusive?"
"He would kill me!!!" I yelled.
"Oh," Denis sighed, "Thanks, anyway." He seemed disappointed. He was hiding something.
My phone vibrated. I checked. I frowned, Biff. "You ok, Braden?" Denis asked.
"Sure." I replied. He only called me 'Braden' when he was very serious.

Biff: Where are you?

Corl: At a friends. Why?

Biff: Fine 😒

Corl: I'll come home. See you soon.

Biff: Ok. Bye.

I grabbed my hoodie and put it on. I glanced in the window and saw my wounds were shaded. I put my phone in my pocket. "Bye Guys." I said as I dragged myself outside.
I walked down the sidewalk. I got into my car and turned the ignition switch on with my keys. I checked the time, 3:34 PM. I pinched myself for not telling Denis the whole story. I made my arm bleed. I put my seatbelt on and drove away.

Denis POV
I watched as all my friends drove away. I went up the stairs and into my room. I checked my phone, it just turned 3:36 PM. I laid in bed and soon drifted off.
Denis' Dream
I heard crying. I walked closer and closer. Corl? I saw Biff cut his arm. Corl wasn't fighting back. Biff hit him in the back of the head, making Corl pass out. Biff walked away. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I tried to scream, but I couldn't. I only watched as Corl woke up alone. He walked up the stairs. I moved up. He took a shower and got dressed. He put on his hoodie looked in the mirror and sighed. He walked the stairs and got into his car. Suddenly he swerved and a semi hit the driver door.
"Corl?!" I woke up. The same moment replayed in my head. The semi. I could only cry. I finally got up and looked in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy. I picked up my phone. I needed to make sure he was ok.
I texted him:

Denis: Hey Corl. You... Ok? 😕

I waited. And waited. I saw the bubble with the dots pop up they stopped and disappeared. I put my phone down, usually Corl would answer faster than this. I couldn't help but stare at my phone. Five minutes passed, then ten, then thirty, about an hour and a half passed by. I felted very worried.

Denis: Braden?!?!