"I've got a bad feeling about this," Tiaalen muttered.

"If we create a climate of fear...then it's easy to keep the borders closed. It's just a matter of emphasis. The right word in the right broadcast repeated often enough can destabilize an economy...invent an enemy...change a vote..."

"So, all the people on Earth are like slaves," Tia growled

"Well, now. There's an interesting point. Is a slave a slave if he doesn't know he's enslaved?"

"Yes,"

"Oh." The Editor walked up to "I was hoping for a philosophical debate." The Editor placed a hand underneath her chin, making her look up at him "Is that all I'm going to get? Yes?"

"Yes,"

The Editor laughed releasing her chin "You're no fun,"

"Let me out of these manacles, you'll find out how much fun I am,"

The Editor eyed her up and down "Tempting. But, come on. Isn't it a great system? You've got to admire it, just a little bit,"

"You can't hide something on this scale." Rose inputted "Somebody must've noticed,"

"From time to time, someone, yes. But the computer system allows me to see inside their brain...I can see the smallest doubt, and crush it," The Editor grinned. "And then they just carry on, living their life. Strutting about downstairs and all over the surface of the Earth like they're so individual. When of course, they're not. They're just cattle. In that respect, the Jagrafess hasn't changed a thing,"

"What about you? You're not a Jagra...uh...a..." Rose said

"Jagrafess," The Doctor corrected

"Jagrafess. You're not a Jagrafess. You're human,"

"Yeah, well simply being human doesn't pay very well," The Editor said

"But you couldn't have done this all on your own,"

"No! I represent a consortium of banks. Money prefers a long-term investment. Also, the Jagrafess needed a little hand to um...install himself,"

"No wonder, a creature that size. What's his life span?" The Doctor asked

"Three thousand years,"

"That's one hell of a metabolism generating all that heat. That's why Satellite Five's so hot. You pump it out of the creature, channel it downstairs-Jagrafess stays cool, stays alive. Satellite Five's one great big life support system,"

"But THAT's why you're so dangerous. Knowledge is power, but you remain unknown." The Editor gave a small laugh, then clicked his fingers. The manacles sent an electric shock through The Doctor, Rose, and Tiaalen. "Who are you?"

Tia could help the scream that came out as the electricity went through her.

"Leave them alone." The Doctor said "I'm the Doctor," he nodded to Rose "she's Rose Tyler," he nodded to Tiaalen "and she's my daughter, we're nothing, we're just wandering,"

"Tell me who you are!"

"I just said!"

"Yeah, but who do you work for? Who sent you? Who knows about us? Who exactly..." The Editor stopped.

Tiaalen looked at the Editor questioningly as he walked back over to her, smiling.

"Jedi,"

"What?" The Doctor asked

"Doctor I swear I didn't..." Tia rambled

"Oh, yes! The last of the Jedi. With her little Time Lord guardian in his traveling machine. Oh, with their little human girl from long ago..." he touched Tiaalen's face gently, and she jerked her head away roughly.