Chapter 10

Hey guys! In honor of my 14th birthday, I'm posting Chapter 10 for you. I was going to wait and type it out on Word first, but I figured you guys deserved this chapter! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Because I am not J.K. Rowling, I own none of the characters, settings, and etc. Buut, I am proud to say that i partially own this idea.

_______________________________________________________________________________

By the time the girls got back to Hogwarts, it was time for dinner. They rushed in past a sulking Filch. Being given permission to stay out longer, they didn't get in trouble when the rushed past professors to get to the Great Hall after stopping by their dorms to drop off their dresses. When they arrived, Lily snuck a glance at James who kept glancing over at her. Who knew what he had up his sleeve? The girls sat down and started eating.

A half hour later, dinner was over and everyone was about ready to leave whenever James stood up.

"I'm sorry to keep you all, but I have a very important question to ask a very special lady." he announced, looking over at Lily. With a flick of his wand the candles hovering above the Great Hall started to float over her and form words. After a few seconds the candles said, 'Will you be my date to the Valentine's Ball?' 

Everyone started staring at Lily who was awestruck and frozen. She started nodding and James ran over to her and started hugging her while everyone started applauding with the exception of the Slytherins who were giving distasteful looks. 

When the two Heads started walking out together, everyone else followed suit. One Slytherin glared at the back of James's head. James had just ruined every chance of him being able to win Lily back.